Management Chair, Nursing
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Full-Time Position Available
Red River College is a leader in applied learning and innovation. Our talented team of employees is passionate about education, innovation and student success. We offer competitive salaries, extensive benefits, and the opportunity for personal and professional growth in a rewarding career.
“Reporting to the Dean, the Nursing Department Chair provides academic leadership, direction and day-to-day management for the following programs: Bachelor of Nursing Program, Nurse Prescriber program, Bridging Program for Internationally Educated Nurses (BPIEN), Registered Nurse Refresher Program, and Health Care Aide Program. In addition, the Nursing Chair has collaborative responsibilities for the ACCESS Program. The Nursing Chair develops and implements strategic and operational plans for the Department; provides leadership in the improvement of program quality; manages fiscal resources responsibly and effectively; recruits, develops, evaluates and motivates faculty and staff; ensures students receive advice and support necessary for success; and, develops and nurtures effective links with the health care system, government, accrediting agencies, the community, other college departments, and other institutions.”
The Nursing Chair is responsible for the overall success of the department, which is measured by student and employer satisfaction, student success and financial performance. The Nursing Chair is also responsible for providing visionary leadership in relation to research & scholarship and the future educational needs of nurses and health care aides.
– Masters in Nursing and a PHD in Nursing (completed or in progress) preferred. A PhD in a related discipline or an equivalent combination of education will be considered.
– Active practicing registered nurse licensure with the College of Registered Nurses of Manitoba
– Relevant nursing/health care experience in a senior management position
– Experience applying the concepts of adult education through Post-secondary teaching
– Experience in curriculum/program/course development at a post-secondary level
– Hi-level budgeting experience; including forecasting, preparation and monitoring as per financial practices
– Human resource management experience
– Leadership experience with a team-oriented and collaborative approach
– Experience using computer applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
– Experience with the implementation of applied research and scholarly activity in a health care or academic environment
– An understanding of the trends, challenges and opportunities facing nursing and health care
– Cultural sensitivity, experience working in a multi-cultural environment, and a commitment to the education of international students
– Excellent interpersonal skills, including navigating successfully through the change management process
– Strong oral communication skills, including presenting material to large and small groups
– Ability to multi-task and work under pressure in an organized manner
– Ability to lead and work collaboratively in a team with various stakeholders
– An active network of contacts within the community
– Values Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
– Commitment to lifelong learning
– Experience using conflict resolution techniques to facilitate positive outcomes
CONDTIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
– Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada
– This position may be required to work evenings and/or weekends
– This position may be required to work overtime
– This position may be required to travel
– Incumbent must provide a current and satisfactory Criminal Records Check
Applicants are to clearly demonstrate how they satisfy the selection criteria in their written submissions and must identify the competition number they are applying for in the subject line of the email
Apply to Red River College by email: email@example.com
An eligibility list may be created for similar casual, part-time, full-time, and term positions
We seek diversity in our workplace. Aboriginal persons, women, visible minorities and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Competition #: 2018-032
Closing Date: April 16, 2018
Salary: $84,750 – $110,188 per annum
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Red River College provides accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If an applicant requires accommodation during the application or selection process, Human Resource Services will work with the applicant to meet the accommodation needs.
For more information and other employment opportunities, visit blogs.rrc.ca/hr
2055 Notre Dame Ave, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada R3J0M5
448 total views, 1 today