Management Chair, School of Applied Science and Technology
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Chair, School of Applied Science and Technology (FTY 201800239)
Faculty of Technology
Employment Group: Admin
Type of Position: Full-time
Closing Date: August 24, 2018
Note: This is a full-time Administrative position (37.5 hours per week).
Duties: Reporting to the Dean, the Chair provides broad academic leadership to the diverse programs within the School of Applied Science and Technology. Ensures the objectives of the programs are attained through effective supervision of teaching and learning processes. Facilitates the on-going review of existing programs and the development of new programs to reflect market changes and the employment needs of industry in alignment with the College’s strategic plan. Conducts investigations of complaints from students and staff, and initiates the problem solving process. Establishes positive relationships with industry and business representatives and participates in the College’s student recruitment and job placement initiatives.
- Master’s degree in Education, Business Administration, Science, Engineering, Manufacturing or related field
- Minimum 9 years related progressive work experience
- Several years of progressive administrative experience
- Teaching experience at the post-secondary level along with extensive knowledge in curriculum design and development, program planning and budget management
- Demonstrated ability to cultivate and foster a collegial, collaborative environment and a demonstrated ability to work with the technology and applied science sector
- Effective leadership and team building skills
- Learner-centered approach to the teaching and learning process
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to establish alliances with the related occupational community
While transcripts are not required for the interview, they are mandatory prior to any offer of employment.
How to Apply:
Do not apply through the Job Board on this site. In order to be considered for this position you must apply through the Fanshawe website online application. See information below.
For more information and how to apply, please visit the Fanshawe College website at: https://jobs.fanshawec.ca/applicants/jsp/shared/Welcome_css.jsp
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those chosen for an interview will be acknowledged.
Fanshawe College is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equity, value diversity, and welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds.
Fanshawe College provides accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If a job applicant requires an accommodation during the application process or through the selection process, the hiring manager and the Recruitment Coordinator leading the recruitment will work with the applicant to meet the job applicant’s accommodation needs.
302 total views, 1 today