Management Chair, Schools of Environmental and Civil Engineering Technology and Fire Protection Engineering Technology
Competition #: 19A-346
Department: Applied Science and Engineering Technology (FASET)
Location: Newnham Campus
Position Type: Full-Time
Start Date: Early March, 2019
Posting Dates: January 2, 2019 to January 20, 2019
The Schools of Environmental and Civil Engineering Technology (SECET) and Fire Protection Engineering Technology (FPET) at Seneca College serve over 3000 students annually by delivering Certificates, Diplomas, Advanced Diplomas, and Graduate Certificates.
Reporting to the Dean, Faculty of Applied Science and Engineering Technology (FASET), the Chair is responsible for providing academic leadership and management to SECET and FPET. The incumbent works as part of the FASET Leadership Team in the development and implementation of the Schools’ strategic initiatives that are aligned with and aimed at achieving Seneca’s long term objectives (Strategic Plan, Strategic Mandate Agreement, Academic and Business Plans) while ensuring quality program delivery and student success and achievement are at the forefront of decision making.
Academic Leadership and Strategic Planning
• Primary contact for Seneca departments and community partners on day-to-day operations of the School in order to achieve both operational and strategic effectiveness.
• Works collaboratively with staff, faculty and chair colleagues on the development and implementation of Seneca’s strategic initiatives.
• Oversees the planning, generation and accuracy of curriculum development for course/program planning and delivery, while ensuring that all programs conform to Seneca, MTCU and industry/accreditation standards (where applicable).
Resource Management: Human, Financial and Physical
• Recruits, develops and performance manages staff/faculty; including conducting performance reviews, overseeing the Faculty Development Portfolio process, managing workloads, reviewing professional development plans, and implementing related employment laws.
• Supports, coaches and mentors full and contract faculty and support staff to achieve the School’s operational plans.
• Mediates first-level disputes involving faculty, staff or students and/or ensures students receive effective advisement and support appropriate to their needs.
• Oversees integrated planning and budgeting processes for their School(s) in collaboration with Dean and Chair colleagues.
• Supports access to services for students with health and/or other related issues that impact student learning and success.
Research and Innovation
• Participate in the establishing and maintaining partnerships with business/industry and associations and stays abreast of new developments in teaching and learning, emerging educational technologies and advancements in their program field.
• Collaborates with Seneca’s Applied Research, Innovation, and Entrepreneurship (ARIE) department on initiatives.
• Facilitates linkages between Schools, other Faculties, other College departments, and other institutions that serve to enrich program offerings.
• Participates in external events and outreach activities that will benefit both the School and Seneca.
• Ensures departmental adherence to all legislative requirements and Seneca policies are understood and followed, working collaboratively with appropriate departments to develop and implement resolutions were needed.
• Minimum completed Master’s degree in a related discipline.
• Nine (9) years’ of experience in post-secondary teaching and progressive industry experience in a related field.
• Demonstrated commitment to fostering academic excellence and student success.
• Demonstrated leadership competency within a diverse, unionized work environment.
• Effective communication, listening, and interpersonal skills.
• Well-developed public relations and relationship-building skills.
Note: A skills assessment may be administered during the recruitment process.
Seneca College is committed to diversity and encourages applications from qualified candidates, especially indigenous persons, members of sexual minority groups, visible minorities, women and persons with disabilities. If you require accommodation during any part of the recruitment process, please contact email@example.com.
To Apply: Please submit your application online via Seneca’s External Careers Page.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
158 total views, 9 today