Executive Management Chief Human Resources Officer
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
The Organization: Royal Roads University
Situated on Hatley Park, one of Canada’s most beautiful Natural Historic Sites, Royal Roads University has a long and progressive history of excellence, learning, and high-quality education. Established in 1940 with a unique mandate and governance structure tailored to respond to the needs of the BC labour market, RRU recently celebrated 75 consecutive years of leadership and learning, as well as 20 years as an accredited, degree-granting, public applied research university.
RRU has a notable reputation for innovation and pioneered the blended learning model, combining online courses and intensive on-campus residencies to leverage the benefits of team-based, applied, and experiential practices. Offering a suite of high-quality and interdisciplinary certificate, diploma, and degree programs from undergraduate to doctoral level in applied and professional fields, RRU is committed to accessibility, providing its learners with the tools and techniques required to enter a dynamic and changing labour market, and responding to new and emerging challenges in industry needs, instructional practices, and scholarship.
Royal Roads University shares a rich history and connection with its communities, and tailors its policies, delivery models, and education and training solutions to the labour market needs of its students to contribute to economic prosperity, social advancement, and environmental sustainability in all communities.
To learn more, please visit Royal Roads’ website.
The Opportunity: Chief Human Resources Officer
Reporting to the Vice-President and Chief Financial Officer, and working with the executive leadership team, the Chief Human Resources Officer (CHRO) provides the strategic direction and leadership for the University’s Human Resource strategies and the enabling services of the Human Resources department. Responsible for building relationships in all executive portfolios, the CHRO meets regularly with representatives of strategic business units and support units, and has direct accountability for employee recruitment, learning, and professional support and development.
The CHRO ensures the effective and efficient integration of planning and operations across RRU, and oversees the full breadth of human resources functions and services offered at Royal Roads University, offering guidance on all HR matters that shape the experience and engagement of its many diverse communities. Furthermore, the CHRO will ensure performance outcomes and achievements are strategically aligned with the University’s goals and assessed against measures set out by the executive team.
In addition to fostering and developing effective relationships with both internal and external community constituencies, the CHRO participates in the formulation of policies, programs, and strategic planning initiatives of key human resource functions in alignment with the mission, vision, and goals of the University.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications and experience:
- A Master’s degree with 5-7 years of broad-based experience in progressively senior human resources leadership roles, ideally gained in complex environments that include a mix of unionized and non-unionized employee groups; an equivalent mix of education and experience will be considered;
- Formal human resources designation (CPHR) is considered an asset;
- Exemplary experience in analytical reasoning and capacity to develop recommendations that will inform and enable executive decision-making;
- Strong business acumen and demonstrated exceptional judgment, discretion, and professional courtesy;
- Experience as a leader in business transformation and change management initiatives;
- Political and interpersonal savvy, with the capacity to develop and nurture a broad range of relationships with both internal and external stakeholders;
- Ability to adapt, negotiate, and prioritize;
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills (both written and verbal);
- Exceptional organizational skills to manage complex, diverse responsibilities and competing priorities in a dynamic work environment;
- Experience in labour relations, with detailed knowledge of labour laws;
- Highly developed emotional intelligence and empathy for all human relationship situations;
- Technologically savvy, with an aptitude for application of computer skills;
- Recent experience negotiating a collective agreement in a public-sector environment; and
- As an ambassador for Royal Roads University, demonstrated commitment to excellence and professionalism.
The complete opportunity profile can be viewed at: http://ow.ly/H8Mn30ftge9
Contact: Robin Noftall or Greg Longster
Davies Park Executive Search
#880 – 609 Granville Street
Vancouver, BC V7Y 1G5
Phone: (604) 688-8422
463 total views, 1 today