Executive Management Dean, Faculty of Adventure, Culinary Arts and Tourism
The Faculty of Adventure, Culinary Arts and Tourism has some of the most unique, industry relevant and academically rigorous educational programs in its field in Canada. As the Faculty’s chief academic and administrative officer, the Dean is responsible to the Provost and Vice-President Academic for providing dynamic and visionary leadership in the articulation and implementation of the Faculty’s evolving strategic plan for professional and career development, education, research and outreach in alignment with TRU’s mission, vision, and strategic priorities.
The successful candidate will be an inspiring and effective leader with an exemplary background as a teacher and scholar. S/he will be strategic, entrepreneurial, and possess significant academic leadership and administrative experience. The position is for a 5-year term, which is renewable. A terminal degree in a related discipline is preferred, while a strong understanding and appreciation for the intellectual and operational diversity across the spectrum of disciplines within the Faculty is essential.
The search committee acknowledges that no single individual is likely to meet all of the following criteria in equal measure; nevertheless, the successful candidate will be expected to have demonstrable experience in:
• Academic administration as, or equivalent to, dean, associate dean, department chair, head or director
• Providing active leadership, with a vision that focuses on enhancing the significant achievements of students, faculty and staff
• Promoting student success by creating and supporting the development processes and innovations that lead to high-quality learning environments
• Ensuring the effective management of a balanced operating budget
• Encouraging a sense of vision, energy and collegiality
• Advancing academic and organizational excellence in a highly complex environment
• Fostering excellence, innovation, and integrity in teaching, research and scholarly activity
• Obtaining funding support from internal and external sources
• Promoting teamwork, collaboration and partnership in a manner that is inclusive of members of the university community
• Committing to the advancement of Indigenous peoples and international students through higher education with the ability to foster and advance an academic environment welcoming of diversity and intercultural engagement
Salary range: $135,000 – $160,000 – TRU offers a competitive benefits package, pension plan and relocation assistance
Thompson Rivers University is strongly committed to fostering diversity within our community. We welcome those who would contribute to the further diversification of our staff, our faculty and its scholarship including, but not limited to, women, visible minorities, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity. Please note that all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, applications from Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
This is an exciting and challenging opportunity to serve in a leadership role at one of Canada’s most innovative universities. To learn more, please visit here and/or contact either Robin Noftall or Tony Kirschner at 604.688.8422 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
134 total views, 2 today