Management Dean, Faculty of Health and Wellness
Location: Lac La Biche campus
Job number: 18-DEAN-11-PC
Position type: Full-time continuous
Posting date: March 29, 2018
Salary: Based on education and experience
Closing date: We’ll begin reviewing resumes on April 11, 2018
ABOUT THE POSITION
Portage College’s Lac La Biche campus has an exciting opportunity for a highly experienced healthcare professional to provide management and leadership as Dean for the Faculty of Health and Wellness. As the Dean, you have the key responsibility to develop a participative and comprehensive understanding of all programs in your Faculty and provide leadership, direction and supervision. Programs in the Faculty of Health and Wellness include a Practical Nurse diploma, which is offered in Lac La Biche, Cold Lake and St. Paul, and also EMR and both Primary and Advanced Care Paramedic offered at the Lac La Biche campus.
Reporting to the Vice President Academic, the Dean is accountable for the academic quality and integrity of all programs in their portfolio. As such, the incumbent is responsible for supervising the development, delivery and review of programs ensuring that course offerings meet the needs of our diverse learners both on a full-time and part-time basis through continuing education.
• Provide academic and senior administrative leadership to the program coordinators, faculty and administrative support staff ensuring that programs meet the needs of our diverse student body.
• Establish academic goals within the department focused on the College’s strategic goals.
• Strategically plan, prepare and monitor necessary documentation for the Health and Wellness programs, workload development, program advisory committees and budget across all campus locations.
• Maintain the quality, academic integrity and feasibility of all programs offered by the Faculty through the review of curriculum against emerging industry trends, professional standards and accreditation expectations as well as the development of new program initiatives to address the knowledge, skills and competencies of entry-level professionals.
• Work with the Registrar’s office to maintain existing transfer agreements and negotiate new transfer agreements on College programs and courses with other post-secondary institutions within and outside of Alberta.
• Managing a unionized professional team, the incumbent must be able to function within the context of collective agreements and promote an environment of mutual respect, fairness and equity.
• Demonstrate a commitment to continuous improvement and to building high performance teams focused on quality and value for students.
• Manage change in an inclusive and collaborative manner to achieve specific academic objectives, enrollment targets and quality goals.
• The incumbent must be able to use a wide range of conflict resolution processes for handling disputes involving faculty, staff and/or students.
• Management, preparation and analysis of budgets and financial forecasts and reports.
• Analyze business opportunities prioritizing them according to their potential for increasing revenues and profitability in support of the College’s strategic plan.
• Develop, direct and negotiate a wide range of contracts and programs through the establishment of strategic alliances and partnerships with federal, provincial and municipal governments, community agencies and other colleges.
• Demonstrate depth and breadth in understanding the issues facing program areas and impact to curriculum delivery.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Registration with CARNA, CLPNA and CRPNA. Applicants must also hold a Master’s degree in a related/relevant discipline from a recognized post-secondary institution.
• Several years experience working in healthcare ideally with a focus on rural healthcare.
• Experience with progressively increasing leadership responsibilities in an academic environment.
• Budget management experience and a demonstrated ability to support program and business strategies through financially sound business plans.
• Strategic leadership skills and the ability to influence, negotiate and develop relationships built on trust.
• Demonstrated understanding of the implications of serving a diverse student population.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to find innovative and creative solutions to complex problems.
• Experience working and managing a unionized environment.
• Exemplary verbal and written communication skills and the ability to make and communicate difficult decisions.
• Comprehensive understanding of health programs with competency-based outcomes.
• Successful applicant will be required to submit a satisfactory police information check.
ABOUT US & WORKING HERE
Portage College has been serving the region for 50 years and is a first choice post-secondary institution for learners in northeast Alberta. You will find that we are a college that combines quality with innovation. In fact, Portage College is considered a leader when it comes to providing students with a flexible first-class educational experience. We offer a wide range of programs in business, health and wellness, human services, university studies, trades and technical, natural resources, native arts and culture, academics for career and education, and food sciences.
As a management employee at the College, you will benefit from generous paid time off, participation in the College pension plan, excellent health and dental benefits, and access to a strong professional development fund that allows employees to grow and develop professionally by taking college or university courses, or attending conferences or workshops. Our employees’ dependants can also apply for tuition bursary discounts if they enroll in a program at Portage College.
HOW TO APPLY
Portage College is committed to building a skilled, diverse workforce reflective of Canadian society.
If you have the right qualifications, experience and motivation to do extraordinary things awe would love to hear from you. Please submit your cover letter and resume email@example.com. If you have questions, please call human resources at 780-623-5747.
Please note we do not accept third-party cover letter and resume submissions.
204 total views, 4 today