Management Dean Media, Trades & Technology
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Located in the beautiful Niagara Peninsula and widely regarded as one of Canada’s most innovative and enterprising post-secondary institutions, Niagara College’s brand and reputation is built on a foundation of unparalleled student experiences, leading innovation and applied research, and operational excellence. Our vision of “Enriching lives and fulfilling dreams” embodies our passion and dedication to student success. Our mission, “Providing outstanding applied education and training for a changing world,” clearly links the top quality experiential education our students receive with the skills demanded in today’s (and tomorrow’s) rapidly changing economy. Our tagline, “Applied Dreams”, brings the vision and mission to life. Serving over 10,000 students, Niagara College has ranked #1 in student satisfaction among Ontario colleges for seven of the past eight years.
Applications are invited for the position of Dean Media, Trades and Technology.
Reporting to the Vice President, Academic & Learner Services, the Dean will be responsible for providing sound academic and administrative leadership to the Division. You will ensure that all courses/programs offered within the Division meet or exceed established internal and external standards. You will also ensure that Divisional teaching, learning and service processes support student success. You will also contribute to the academic and fiscal well-being and growth of the College.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Minimum of a Masters Degree in a relevant area.
- A minimum of 7 years of of progressive management/leadership experience in business or public sector settings and/or a post-secondary academic environment
- Experience in teaching or technical training
- A proven track record as an innovator and entrepreneur and exhibit a strong commitment to academic excellence and student success
- Proven capacity to build productive working relationships with partners from business, government and educational sectors in Canada and international settings
- Outstanding leadership skills to work collaboratively with faculty and others within the college
- Excellent administrative skills
This posting will remain open until filled, with candidate review ongoing.
A Job Fact Sheet is available for review in Human Resources during the posting period.
If selected for an interview, candidates must present proof of education (ie: original transcripts/credentials). Note: Credentials obtained outside of Canada require an evaluation to determine the Canadian educational equivalence. This evaluation must support the educational requirements for the position as a condition of employment. For further information, visit: World Education Services ( http://www.wes.org/ca/ ).
While we thank all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Niagara College is committed to workplace diversity and provides accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout our hiring process. If you require an accommodation, please contact the Human Resources Consultant.
605 total views, 1 today