Executive Management Dean, School of Continuing Education & Distance Education
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
School of Continuing Education & Distance Education
Full-Time Position Available January, 2018
Red River College is a leader in applied learning and innovation. Our talented team of employees is passionate about education, innovation and student success. We offer competitive salaries, extensive benefits, and the opportunity for personal and professional growth in a rewarding career.
“Reporting to the Executive Director, Academic, the Dean will provide vision, high-quality strategic, academic and administrative leadership and direction to the School, which delivers programming on multiple campuses. The Dean will ensure that the School’s wide variety of programming–courses to credentialed–is relevant to and current with business, industry and community needs. The Dean has accountability for the development, revision and delivery of programming in multiple disciplines in a variety of delivery modes, including full time, part time in-class, distributed learning and corporate training in response to rapidly changing labour market needs. The Dean has a dynamic entrepreneurial, academic and service focus. As a strategic business unit, the Dean is responsible for creating an annual business plan for the School and providing leadership in achieving the net targets established by the plan. The incumbent participates on and is a member of a number of College committees, including Senior Academic Committee. Other responsibilities include development of partnerships and skills training opportunities with industry, liaison with government, associations and education institutions.
– A graduate degree in a related discipline or a combination of education and recent, relevant experience
– Work experience in business planning with broad mastery of educational, business and management principles, comprehensive managerial know-how and human relations skills.
– Proven experience in business planning, project management and financial management at the corporate or institutional level.
– Experience implementing strategic plans including performance management goals and objectives.
– Experience planning, developing and implementing academic programs and a passion for a student centered approach to leaning and a commitment to the philosophies of adult education and continuous learning.
– Proven human resource management experience, including direct supervisory experience.
– Demonstrated success as a dynamic leader at the management level.
– Ability to foster and nurture a team-oriented, collaborative work environment.
– A collaborative management style including building and sustaining teams within, between and across organizations, with a demonstrated strength in customer service, delivering results, handling complexity and thinking globally.
– Excellent interpersonal and group facilitative skills and the ability to initiate and develop effective partnerships and alliances with industry, liaison with all levels of government, associations and educational institutions and promotion of effective community relations.
– Innovative creative problem-solver with a commitment to quality, service and accountability.
– Must be adaptive in their thinking and be able to discern innovative solutions to new and emerging challenges, including identifying new technologies and program delivery methods for partnerships and collaborations with other agencies, organizations and departments.
– Values Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
– Commitment to lifelong learning
– Experience with applied research.
– Experience working with people from diverse backgrounds.
– Teaching experience and familiarity with large post-secondary educational institutions are considered assets.
– Master’s degree or recent relevant experience in a related field.
CONDTIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
– Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada
Applicants are to clearly demonstrate how they satisfy the selection criteria in their written submissions and must identify the competition number they are applying for in the subject line of the email
Apply to Red River College by email: email@example.com
An eligibility list may be created for similar casual, part-time, full-time, and term positions
We seek diversity in our workplace. Aboriginal persons, women, visible minorities and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Competition #: 2017-130
Closing Date: November 30, 2017
Salary: $118,264 – $153,725 per annum
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Red River College provides accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If an applicant requires accommodation during the application or selection process, Human Resource Services will work with the applicant to meet the accommodation needs.
For more information and other employment opportunities, visit blogs.rrc.ca/hr
2055 Notre Dame Ave, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada R3J0M5
764 total views, 1 today