Executive Management Director, Centre for Learning and Program Excellence
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Red River College
Join one of Manitoba’s Top 25 Employers
Unique Opportunity to lead the development of the Centre for Learning and Program Excellence
Director, Centre for Learning and Program Excellence
The Director of the Centre for Learning and Program Excellence will be accountable for providing vision, strategic direction and operational planning in a key leadership role that guides and supports Red River College’s commitment to learning, teaching and administrative excellence.
This new role offers the opportunity to lead the development of the newly created Centre, providing strategic leadership and management of the unit in a rapidly changing and diverse educational environment. The incumbent has College-wide responsibility to lead the Centre’s activities in supporting academic program quality assurance, innovation, design and development as well as professional development of staff and faculty. The Director acts as an internal consultant, change leader and resource within the College, serving as a champion of innovation in organizational development, learning and teaching practice, and academic program design and delivery in the achievement of the College’s vision, mission and strategic plan. The Director has direct responsibility for strategic and operational oversight of the current units of: Program and Curriculum Development (PCD); Teaching and Learning Technology Centre (TLTC); Staff Learning and Development; and Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL).
Reporting to the Vice-President Academic and supported by the Chief Human Resource Officer, this key individual will leverage an extensive understanding of adult and applied education principles apply knowledge of educational trends and technologies, and build an effective and integrated service-oriented team dedicated to meeting the current and future learning needs of staff, faculty and students.
• Masters of Education or equivalent combination of post-secondary education and experience.
• Progressive leadership experience within a post-secondary or equivalent environment, illustrating the ability to coach, mentor and develop talent
• Experience implementing new learning and teaching practices to the organization including the application of emerging technologies
• Experience developing a strategic vision and implementing a corresponding operational plan
• Experience developing and implementing quality assurance frameworks, with a focus on student success
• Strong change and project management skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to build relationships with internal and external stakeholders
• Demonstrated strength in customer service
• Demonstrated commitment to diversity
Conditions of Employment:
· Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada
· This position may be required to work evenings and/or weekends
· This position may be required to travel
· Incumbent must provide a current and satisfactory Criminal Records Check
We seek diversity in our workplace. Aboriginal persons,
women, visible minorities and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Competition Number: 2018-056
Closing Date: June 7, 2018
Apply to Red River College by email: email@example.com
717 total views, 1 today