Management Director, Continuing Education
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Grande Prairie Regional College (GPRC) is a comprehensive community institution, established in 1966 in Grande Prairie, and our stewardship region includes campuses in Fairview and Grande Prairie, as well as learning centres in Edson, Grande Cache, Hinton and Jasper. GPRC offers a wide variety of credit and non-credit programming including career certificates and diplomas, pre-employment and apprenticeship trades, university transfer studies, and several opportunities for on-campus degree completion through collaborations with universities. As an educational facility in northwestern Alberta, GPRC helps meet the cultural, recreational, athletic and conferencing needs of the region in partnership with community and regional stakeholders. GPRC is dedicated to providing learners with access to high quality and diverse lifelong learning opportunities, and to the responsible educational, fiscal and environmental stewardship of resources.
In response to regional, community and industry demand, GPRC provides a range of customized non-credit pre-employment programming, skills development, safety training and community interest courses. A small team ensures that the offerings through Continuing Education (CE) meet the needs of students, our industry partners and our community. Leading the CE Department means contributing to a team of goal-orientated, innovative and passionate individuals with a shared focus on delivering exceptional service.
GPRC is seeking a Director, Continuing Education (CE) who will report to the Vice-President, Academics and Research and will be responsible for leading and directing the CE Department. The Director will promote sound, learner-centered program delivery on a revenue-generating basis to achieve GPRC’s organizational goals and objectives; respond to industry needs; develop and maintain relationships with business sectors of GPRC’s stewardship region; and foster concepts for processes, planning, implementation and coordination of non-credit programming. Within the Department, the position will focus on:
(1) Developing entrepreneurial practices and processes to ensure that Department is efficient and effective in revenue generation;
(2) Communicating with administration, staff and community about the Department offerings;
(3) Maintaining and growing effective business management systems, programing and people development through innovation; and
(4) Developing and mentoring the Continuing Education team.
What We Offer
GPRC offers lifelong learning opportunities through professional development/wellness programs, a competitive salary and compensation package and a student centered culture that is vital to our community. Join our team, grow with us, and connect your skills and abilities to our vision, mission and values.
A Bachelor’s Degree in a related field such as business or entrepreneurship is required; a Masters degree in Business or Management is preferred. The successful candidate will have a minimum of 5 years experience in a management role. An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered. Necessary skills and attributes to be successful in this role include:
- proven leadership and mentoring skills;
- proficiency in Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook; knowledge of Matador and Agresso are considered an asset;
- strong organizational and multi-tasking skills;
- well developed project management and strategic planning skills;
- excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- ability to build strong relationships across the organization;
- a high level of integrity, professionalism and accountability;
- creative problem solving and critical thinking skills.
How to Apply
Only applications received electronically will be considered. To apply, go to http://www.gprc.ab.ca/careers and select the job posting.
We review all applications to select candidates whose qualifications and experience most closely meet our needs.
Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted. For general inquiries, please contact HR at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for applying to GPRC!
602 total views, 1 today