Management Director, Government and Community Affairs
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
At the Southern Alberta Institute of Technology (SAIT), we are the shapers. The makers. The originals, driven by a passion for excellence and impact. We offer action-based learning, solution-focused research and enterprising collaborations with partners from around the world. We are a global leader in applied education, an Alberta Top Employer and a destination workplace for people empowered to make a difference in the lives of students. Now is an exciting time to join this one-of-a-kind place…SAIT.
We are currently recruiting for a Director, Government and Community Affairs who will report to the President and CEO of the Institution. Your primary responsibilities relate to Government Relations, in this capacity this position is responsible for the development, management, and maintenance of relationships between federal, provincial, and local governments.
You will have excellent verbal and interpersonal skills and will be a relationship builder who is skilled at establishing and cultivating strong relationships with peers, across different levels of the organization and externally with the public, industry and government. You will be self-directed, tactful, diplomatic and have strong strategic development skills and ability to implement a strategic plan linked to institutional priorities. Additionally, you will have effective leadership skills recognized within the institution and will have the ability to create and sustain institutional government advocacy.
- Creates and maintains strong relationships with key Federal and Provincial Government, regulatory, industry, post-secondary institutions and public stakeholder groups to ensure proactive management of SAIT issues, priorities, and strategic direction.
- Creates and implements strategic direction for the institution’s government relations.
- Conducts environmental assessment for the institution, develops accountability measures and communicates findings to institutional stakeholders.
- Represents institutions at senior level with external stakeholders.
- Responsible for the management of department’s finances and other resources.
- Reviews direction and progress of government relations with the President and CEO and other members of the senior management team as appropriate.
- Coordinates with the President and CEO, senior management, and other divisions and departments on SAIT strategies and operations supporting the institution.
- Works in collaboration with other post-secondary institutions’ government relations staff to foster a greater understanding of SAIT’s strategic plan and to develop a unified post-secondary approach to governments where possible.
- Works in collaboration with Polytechnics Canada to develop cooperative advocacy on behalf of SAIT.
- Develops alliances with internal and external stakeholders to ensure SAIT’s message is delivered consistently and frequently.
- Analyzes and interprets information gathered through observations, conversations, public media and legislation to develop conclusions and determine course of action.
- Represents SAIT at events and functions as directed by the President.
- Accompanies the President and senior managers on trips to provide government relations support as directed.
- Bachelors Degree in related discipline. Masters Degree preferred
- 5-7 years government, public policy or community relations, or similar experience
- Political judgment and sensitivity with an understanding of the political landscape as it impacts SAIT
- Understanding of specific needs that can be met through increased visibility among policy makers and public support
- Knowledge of Governmental acts and regulations that affect the Institution.
- Knowledge of Provincial, Federal and Municipal policies, guidelines and procedures
- Fiscal management skills to effectively utilize department budget
Please apply through our online portal at: https://sait.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?id=51
1799 total views, 1 today