Management Director, Human Resources
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Grande Prairie Regional College is currently recruiting for a Human Resources Director.
About This Opportunity
The Director, Human Resources reports to the President and CEO, and is responsible for leading and directing the Human Resources Department to achieve GPRC’s organizational goals and objectives.
The Director, Human Resources participates with the other direct reports of the President, in setting strategic direction for the organization and is responsible for the strategic oversight and effective leadership of human resources services in the organization. The incumbent in this role will use extensive experience in HR Management, well-developed knowledge of business and post-secondary industry practices, and change management, to elevate human resources practices within the organization.
Within the department, the position will focus on (1) using/developing innovative practices and processes to ensure that the department is efficient and effective, (2) providing valued services to the organization, (3) maintaining and growing effective human resources management systems, programming and people development, and (4) developing and mentoring the HR team.
The position is responsible for facilitating the provision of services including labour/employee relations, collective bargaining, compensation and benefits, talent management (recruitment and selection, orientation, performance management and training and development), human resource management/administration, and applicable federal and provincial legislation administration.
If this opportunity is of interest to you and you have:
- A Master’s Degree in Human Resources or a related field
- Ten (10) years of progressively responsible experience in a complex, unionized environment
- Are eligible for candidacy as a CPHR (Chartered Professional in Human Resources)
- Equivalencies of education and experience will be considered.
Demonstrated competency in the following areas:
Self-Awareness and Self Mastery
- Awareness of one’s preferences, traits, and behaviors and the impact they can have on others.
- Emotional intelligence in managing own and others’ feelings and behaviors.
- Provides clear evidence of intentionality for application of learnings through self-reflection.
Values and Ethics – Serving through Integrity and Respect
- Ability to promote a positive environment through honesty, integrity, and ethical behavior.
- Environmental Awareness
- Critical Thinking
- Interpretation Skills
- Communication in an open, honest and clear style, to promote and enhance an open and collaborative environment.
- Ability to give and receive constructive feedback in a climate of cooperation and respect.
- Demonstrates own ability and encourages others’ abilities to effect authentic change as a result of engaging in crucial conversations.
- Demonstrates consistency, persistence, and accountability in action taken.
Building Teamwork & Community
- Ability to develop and implement processes to build teams (both internal and external to GPRC).
- Promote, enhance, and facilitate a collaborative, cooperative and supportive environment where individuals work together.
- Balance of power: Creating community through sharing power and control
Developing & Inspiring Others/Modelling the Way
- Ability to facilitate an environment of growth and success.
- Encourage, support, and respect the goals, aspirations and contributions of others.
- Be a positive role model, and mentor/coach.
- Builds an environment of trust.
Change and Transition
- Ability to create an environment where positive development, transition and change are promoted.
- Communication to support transition, persistence and patience with change.
Please supply your resume or curriculum vitae to:
Grande Prairie Regional College
c/o Lesley Kendall
Executive Search Consultant
Phone: (403) 357-9619
For more information on Grande Prairie Regional College, please visit gprc.ab.ca
This competition closes December 15, 2017.
About the College
Grande Prairie Regional College, known as GPRC, is a comprehensive community institution, publicly supported to provide opportunities in post-secondary education in northwestern Alberta. The College operates under the Post-Secondary Learning Act and the Ministry of Advanced Education, Province of Alberta.
The College was established in 1966 in Grande Prairie, and our stewardship region includes campuses in Fairview and Grande Prairie, as well as learning centres in Edson, Grande Cache, Hinton and Jasper. GPRC offers a wide variety of career certificates and diplomas, pre-employment and apprenticeship trades, university transfer studies, and several opportunities for on-campus degree completion at baccalaureate and master levels through collaborations with four-year universities.
The highly-qualified faculty, affordable tuition, small classes, personal contact and extensive scholarship and awards program offered by GPRC attract students from a wide area. Classroom-based instruction in Grande Prairie, Fairview, Hinton, Edson and Jasper is extended to several other communities in our region and beyond through various distance delivery methods.
As a comprehensive community institution, GPRC is committed to expanding access to post-secondary education in its stewardship region by responding to needs expressed by the communities it serves. The College has developed a portal access delivery model that encourages other post-secondary institutions to deliver programming on site, establishing collaborative partnerships that rapidly and effectively meet the varied needs of learners.
291 total views, 1 today