Management Director, International
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Coast Mountain College (CMTN) invites applications for the position of Director, International in our management department commencing September 17, 2018.
The institutional global strategy will include incoming and outgoing international student success, growing a culture of internationalization at CMTN, international faculty outreach and applied research, academic and non-academic program development in support of international initiatives and partnerships with domestic and international education providers.
Duties: Reporting to the Vice President Education, Student & International, the Director is responsible for providing leadership for the development of our college’s offshore programs and international student/credit transfer through strategic partnerships. This position will facilitate bridging our college with respective academic, technical, and administrative divisions with CMTN and international partners to ensure the quality and growth to achieve CMTN’s strategic globalization goals.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Lead a culture of change and responsiveness and facilitate professional development opportunities in the development and operation of structures, programs and policies that promote diversity and student life
- Develop and implement business strategies including building and maintaining international marketing strategies
- Establish and maintain relationships with key agencies and act as a key liaison between our college and its international partners
- Leads all aspects of international accreditation and articulation, including negotiating terms and of partnerships and agreements
- Oversee and assist with delivery and evaluation of international student support initiatives
Qualifications: A master’s degree along with 5 years of experience working at a senior level within international education. An equivalent combination of education, training, and experience may be considered. Fluency in a second language, particularly Mandarin or Spanish, would be considered an asset.
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Extensive international experience in the educational and business sectors
- An understanding and working knowledge of a variety of cultures in both education and business context
- Contract negotiation skills with the ability to positively influence others to achieve desired results
- Budget planning and management experience with the ability to analyze and summarize information to make recommendations
- Ability to work effectively with senior management, faculty, staff, students, government agencies international bodies, and members of the general public
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills
Respond in confidence by submitting a cover letter and a current resume and quoting competition #18.175M to:
Coast Mountain College, Human Resources & Payroll Department
CMTN provides quality learning experiences that help prepare our students for successful, positive futures. We celebrate the diversity of our northern and Indigenous populations and reflect this diversity in our programs, services and workforce. In accordance with CMTN’s strategic plan, we encourage applications from Indigenous individuals.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Closing Date: This competition will remain open until a suitable candidate is selected. The first review of applications will occur August 15, 2018.
434 total views, 1 today