Management Director, International Centre
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
At the Southern Alberta Institute of Technology (SAIT), we are the shapers. The makers. The originals, driven by a passion for excellence and impact. We offer action-based learning, solution-focused research and enterprising collaborations with partners from around the world. We are a global leader in applied education, an Alberta Top Employer and a destination workplace for people empowered to make a difference in the lives of students. Now is an exciting time to join this one-of-a-kind place…SAIT.
The International Centre recruits highly qualified students for SAIT’s programs and assists with their transition to SAIT and Canada, offering support while they are studying here. With international students enrolled in programs in all eight academic schools, there are currently 1,250 students from 87 countries studying at SAIT. The International Centre staff provide academic advising, admission and registration assistance, help with study/work permits and temporary resident visas, information on housing options, and initiatives that promote international student retention and cultural diversity.
Reporting to the Vice President, Corporate Development and Applied Research, the Director is responsible for providing results-oriented, effective management and leadership of the International Centre. You will produce SAIT wide strategies to attract and retain international students which will involve a high degree of self-direction, collaboration with others, the ability to set priorities and the ability to be responsive to the demands of a broad range of stakeholders in an applied education setting. You are expected to be proactive in leading SAIT’s Global Strategy initiative within the International Centre and will have a substantial leadership role in determining and carrying out the strategic direction. Collaboration with internal stakeholders and active participation in internal management councils and external international bodies are integral to the position.
- Develop and implement SAIT’s annual International Centre recruitment and retention strategy.
- Create and implement strategies to increase global awareness and to position SAIT internationally through effectively marketing SAIT’s capabilities to international students, agents and international
- Develop proactive communication strategies for prospective partners and communicate broadly and effectively within schools and
- Travel both in country and out of country to create partnerships and alliances with domestic and international high schools, post-secondary institutions and English language schools.
- Establish and maintain relationships with a number of external stakeholders such as Citizenship and Immigration Canada, Canadian embassies, Alberta government and Alberta Advanced Education.
- Develop and have primary authority for the International Centre
- Research and recommend international student tuition fees for academic programs.
- Contribute to SAIT’s enrolment management plan by analyzing SAIT’s inquiry, application and enrollment
- Research and document information, arrange and participate in strategic international recruitment events and education fairs to market SAIT and our programs.
- Master’s degree preferred with a focus on international business, adult education or marketing and communications.
- Minimum of 5 years post-secondary international education experience as well as experience with cross-cultural initiatives and advising. Experience in working with provincial education departments and Canada Immigration is desirable.
- Effective leadership skills, strong strategic development skills and the ability to implement strategic plans linked to institutional priorities.
- Human resources management skills to effectively lead individual work tasks and professionals, and develop direct reports.
- Experience with managing a department budget will also be essential.
- Experience in research, report writing, presentations and partnership building.
- International travel experience and the ability to exhibit cultural sensitivity and discretion
- Intermediate skills in MS office are required.
- A valid passport and valid driver’s license are required for the role as well as the ability to work for extended periods of time inside and outside Canada including evenings and weekends
- Have exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal communication
- English language proficiency is essential. Proficiency in a second language would be an asset.
- Ability to deliver high quality work within short timelines
Why Work at SAIT:
Enjoy a stimulating work environment, a beautiful campus overlooking downtown Calgary and a great benefits package including: comprehensive health and dental coverage, a defined benefit pension plan, professional development programs, generous paid time off, free access to our Wellness Centre, transit subsidies and more.
Closing Date & Time: November 30, 2017 by 11:59 PM MT
- SAIT is committed to equity and diversity within its community and invites applications from all qualified applicants
SAIT’s vision is to be a global leader in applied education
874 total views, 1 today