Executive Management Director of Indigenous Services
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
As our Director of Indigenous Services, reporting to the Associate Vice-President, Student Experience, you will play an important role in delivering our mission of increasing Indigenous presence and inclusion across the University; increasing Indigenous outreach, access and engagement with Indigenous communities; and increasing Indigenous student transition, retention, graduation and advancement.
As the head of our Indigenous Services, you will act as an active partner with local, provincial and national initiatives and will be a resource in the innovation and development of policies, programs and services. You will draw on your established understanding and relationships within the Indigenous community to foster and ignite a highly engaged community of students and staff.
For more, visit: http://bit.ly/WU-DIS
- Conduct strategic planning for Indigenous initiatives in collaboration with the University Community and External Partners
- Oversee and manage the budget, including developing and analyzing revenue and expense models
- Provide strong leadership to various teams including acting as a resource and/or Chair, supporting the development of culturally responsive education policies and practices.
- Develop, implement and evaluate new initiatives, programs and services geared towards serving Indigenous students and their needs on campus
- Staying abreast of new trends in Indigenous issues by working collaboratively with researchers and leaders to develop projects that further Indigenous awareness including developing successful orientation strategies
- In conjunction with the HR Coordinator and Director of Administration, design roles and recruit candidates to meet the current and future needs of the Department including supporting candidate selection
- Oversee effective communications and marketing for Indigenous initiatives including Indigenous Viewbook
- Advise on policies, programs, and services pertaining to aspects of Indigenous student life
- Oversee the Western website and online presence
- Collaborate and increase fundraising efforts for Indigenous Services
- Identify and lead significant outreach work including youth programming, partnerships, government funding agencies and local, provincial and national Partners
Skills & Qualifications
- Senior-level experience at a Director level or within another relevant role
- Deep understanding and respect of Indigenous histories, traditions and cultures
- Thorough understanding of Indigenous funding programs and educational sponsorship supports
- Master’s degree in Indigenous Studies, Education, Social Work or a related field
- Experience with supporting Indigenous student transitions and culture supports
- Creative problem-solving skills and sound professional judgement, especially in the case of sensitive and/or confidential matters
- Ability to work well under pressure and handle multiple conflicting priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to develop a shared vision to lead employees to excellence and promote Indigenous knowledge and culture
- Advanced ability to effectively lead business discussions, communicate and form strong partnerships both within the university and with local First Nations and community organizations
If you would like more information about this opportunity or about Western University, please visit http://bit.ly/WU-DIS or contact Donna Bilodeau, Senior Consultant, Legacy Bowes Group at (204) 934-8825.
If you believe you can make a strong contribution to this organization as Director of Indigenous Services, please submit your resume in confidence to Donna@legacybowes.com quoting position #183244.
317 total views, 1 today