Executive Management Director, Program Standards & Assessments
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Director, Program Standards & Assessments
About the position
Be part of our mission To Build the Trades that Build BC!
The Director of Program Standards and Assessments leads and directs a team that ensures the Industry Training Authority (ITA) successfully fulfills its mandate in the development of program standards and management of assessment tools and processes.
This position reports to the COO, has 2 direct reports, and oversees a department of 22 individuals.
- Ensure targets and goals are met in the development of clearly specified program standard elements for all trades in BC
- Ensure fulfillment of responsibilities and participation in activities supporting the national Red Seal Program
- Oversee quality assurance initiatives for Program Standards
- Oversee exam and challenge assessment administration by reviewing and analyzing data to update assessment policies and procedures
- Develop and Implement psychometric review process that can effectively evaluate eligibility and validity of all ITA examinations and assessment tools
- Oversee security and control procedures for all assessment materials and tools
- Consult with stakeholders in the development of policy and options where appropriate
- Manage and negotiate service agreements related to assessment
- Oversee invigilation compliance
- Establish and grow strong corporate planning processes aligned with ITA’s strategic priorities
- Ensure adoption of project management best practices and deployment across the organization
- Other duties as assigned
- Post Graduate Degree in Education, Business Administration or Public Policy required, or an equivalent combination of post-secondary education and trades training experience will be considered
- 10+ years senior management experience
- Strong business acumen and financial management background
- Understanding of adult education principles, strategies and techniques (learning and assessment)
- Ability to prepare and deliver effective presentations involving technical and/or sensitive information to a diverse range of audiences
- Ability to work on multiple concurrent projects
- Advance project management experience is considered an asset
HOW TO APPLY
If this sounds like you, we look forward to hearing from you! Submit your cover letter and resume by email before the closing date listed on our careers page to HumanResources@itabc.ca. All applicants will receive an emailed response confirming receipt of their resume submission.
We kindly ask that applications be sent by email only – no fax or mail applications – and we ask for no phone calls please. Due to the high number of applications the ITA receives, only applicants who are selected for an interview will be contacted. We sincerely thank all applicants for their interest in the ITA.
Who We are
The Industry Training Authority (ITA) is a crown agency that is responsible for leading and coordinating the skilled trades training and credentialing system for the province. ITA provides strategic leadership, policy support and customer services to help apprentices, employers and industry. ITA sets program standards, maintains credential records and issues the highly regarded Interprovincial Red Seal and B.C. Certificate of Qualifications (C of Q) credentials.
Come join a purposeful and caring team! We are proud to be recognized as one of BC’s Top Employers and Best Workplace in Canada for 2018.
To learn more about our organization or to view other current opportunities with our team, please visit http://www.itabc.ca/
Salary to commensurate with experience.
Salary Band 7: $88, 879 – $118, 024
The ITA offers a highly competitive benefits package and perks which include:
- Flexible working schedule
- Eligible for pension contributions.
- A newly renovated office space situated near the Canada Line (Richmond–Brighouse, adjacent to Richmond Centre)
- Access to an in-house gym and a secure bike locker.
- Healthy Living Program
- Generous Professional Development Plan
- Extensive Extended Health and Dental Plans that are 100% employer paid
373 total views, 1 today