Clerical / Administrative Education Policy Specialist
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Education Policy Specialist
|Posting:||A17-24||Closing Date:||November 27, 2017|
|Start Date:||January 15, 2018|
Camosun College is a comprehensive community college located on the traditional territories of the Coast and Strait Salish peoples serving the people of the Greater Victoria Region of British Columbia. Guided by an inspiring strategic plan and administered by a professional community of talented faculty, staff and senior executives, Camosun enrolls 18,000 learners each year, including over 1,100 Indigenous students and 1,100 International students. The College has an operating budget of over $123 million. Across two campuses, Camosun offers more than 160 certificate, diploma, and bachelor’s degree programs in arts, sciences, business, health and human services, trades, technologies, sport education, Indigenous studies and adult upgrading. The College is committed to values of relationship with community, inclusiveness, and respect. As a community, we commit to the process of Indigenization of the college – including both programs and services – and to use this learning to improve the learning experiences for the exceptionally diverse range of student needs and backgrounds present within the Camosun community supporting the commitment to lifelong learning and positive student experiences.
Under the general leadership of the Director, Education Policy and Planning, the Education Policy Specialist works cross-divisionally and is responsible for matters related to the full suite of Camosun College’s current and future education policies. At the college, education policies span both the educational and student experiences we deliver.
Our ideal candidate is passionate about adult learning and the transformative power that education can provide in the lives of individuals; is skilled in building effective and consultative relationships; sees the power and potential of educational policy to shape the quality of the student and educational experience we aspire to deliver; and values the role that colleges play in meeting the educational needs of learners, communities and the employers that our hire graduates.
- A related Master’s degree in, for example, adult education, public administration, business administration, social sciences, or equivalent is preferred.
- A combination of education and at least 5 years’ experience related to policy research and analysis, including, but not limited to, leading or coordinating policy or program review efforts, stakeholder engagement and preparation of confidential briefing materials.
- Relevant experience in a post-secondary environment is preferred.
- Experience in conceptualizing, researching, analyzing, investigating and reporting on a wide variety of issues.
- Experience applying community development principles and practices to the design and administration of stakeholder engagement.
- Experience in coordinating complex projects, including experience either leading or participating in multi-stakeholder initiatives. Preference may be given to applicants who have at least three years’ experience in this area.
- Demonstrated experience and ability to prepare and draft a variety of communication materials for multiple audiences including plans, strategies, issue papers, policy or guidelines, reports and presentation materials.
A competitive salary range from $69,504.00 to $86,512.00, opportunities for professional development and an excellent benefit package are offered.
All interested candidates are encouraged to apply; to be considered for employment, applicants must meet the qualifications of the position and be eligible to work in Canada.
Please see full job description and apply online at www.camosun.ca/careers. We would like to thank everyone in advance for applying, as only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Camosun College is an Equal Opportunity Employer
373 total views, 1 today