Clerical / Administrative Facilities Planning Coordinator
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Facilities Planning Coordinator (FDO 201700230)
Facilities, Planning and Development
Employment Group: Support
Type of Position: Full-time
Pay Details: $35.88 per hour
Hours: 35 hours per week
Closing Date: December 1, 2017
Note: This is a full-time position (35 hours per week). This position is subject to averaging of hours.
Note: If invited for an interview, candidates should be prepared to provide a portfolio of their work.
Duties: Under the general direction of the Manager, Facilities Planning and Development, the incumbent develops short, medium and long term plans for College facilities to support the College strategic and academic plans.
The Facilities Planning Coordinator will be required to respond to client requests and other initiatives to determine facility requirements and propose project plans with concepts for the College to approve.
Duties include investigation, gathering existing facility information, working with the academic scheduling team for program analysis, facilitating internal and external stakeholder communications to determine program and facility needs, and express program requirements as functional programs. The Facilities Planning Coordinator will develop project plans that document planning assumptions and decisions, and concepts of scope, cost, and schedule.
Working effectively with a team or independently, the Facilities Planning Coordinator will consult with client and colleagues to ensure the integrity of approved concepts translate into detailed design, bid documents and construction. The Facilities Planning Coordinator may be liaison to the client through all phases until project completion and operational status has resumed.
- Post-secondary 3 year diploma/degree in CAAT Architectural Technology or Interior Design Program
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working for an architect, interior designer, large corporation or institution in a space planner, interior designer and/or project management role
- An equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be considered
- Accredited member of the Association of Architectural Technologist of Ontario (AATO) or the Association of Registered Interior Designers of Ontario (ARIDO) is an asset
- Training and certification in Ergonomics is preferred or to be obtained
- Certified Construction Contract Administrator (CCCA) (through Construction Specifications Canada) is also preferred
- Experience in the development of conceptual designs and functional space programs for new construction, renovations and alterations
- Experience in the management of complex construction and renovation projects, administering construction contracts, and managing multiple projects concurrently
- Demonstrated conflict resolution skills
- Experience dealing with consultants, landlords, realtors, building officials, and other authorities having jurisdiction
- Competence with AutoCAD in a building design environment (latest version preferred – previous version minimum)
- Experience with Revit or other BIM applications is also an asset
- Technical knowledge and understanding of the Ontario Building and Fire Codes and AODA
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite – Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook
While transcripts are not required for the interview, they are mandatory prior to any offer of employment.
How to Apply:
For more information and how to apply, please visit the Fanshawe College website at: https://jobs.fanshawec.ca/applicants/jsp/shared/Welcome_css.jsp
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those chosen for an interview will be acknowledged.
Fanshawe College is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equity, value diversity, and welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds.
Fanshawe College provides accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If a job applicant requires an accommodation during the application process or through the selection process, the hiring manager and the Recruitment Coordinator leading the recruitment will work with the applicant to meet the job applicant’s accommodation needs.
409 total views, 1 today