Faculty French Instructor
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Grande Prairie Regional College (GPRC) is a comprehensive community institution, established in 1966 in Grande Prairie, and our stewardship region includes campuses in Fairview and Grande Prairie, as well as learning centres in Edson, Grande Cache, Hinton and Jasper. GPRC offers a wide variety of credit and non-credit career certificates and diplomas, pre-employment and apprenticeship trades, university transfer studies, and several opportunities for on-campus degree completion through collaborations with four-year universities. As an educational facility in northwestern Alberta, GPRC helps meet the cultural, recreational, athletic and conferencing needs of the region in partnership with community and regional stakeholders. GPRC is dedicated to providing learners with access to high quality and diverse lifelong learning opportunities, and to the responsible educational, fiscal and environmental stewardship of resources.
The Department of Arts and Education requires a French Instructor to teach undergraduate level courses in:
- FR 0120 Beginner French I
- FR 0130 Beginner French II
- FR 2210 Niveau Intermédiaire I: Expression orale (for French immersion Students)
- FR 2240 Niveau Intermédiaire II: Expression écrite (for French immersion Students)
- FR 2540 Introduction to Translation Theory and Practice: French-English-French
This full-time sessional position will commence August 15, 2018, and ends April 30, 2019; and may be renewable subject to budget, enrollment, and favorable evaluation.
What We Offer
GPRC offers lifelong learning opportunities through professional development/wellness programs, a competitive salary and compensation package and a student centered culture that is vital to our community. Join our team, grow with us and connect your skills and abilities to our vision, mission and values.
A PhD in French linguistics or a related field is required. Evidence of successful instruction of undergraduate courses in French is also required. We seek candidates whose research and teaching specialization in French linguistics with a focus on translation. Certification to be a DELF examiner is an asset. Necessary skills and attributes to be successful in this role include:
- Knowledge of GPRC courses and current educational technologies commonly found in classrooms (e.g., videoconferencing, Moodle) are desired.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook; knowledge of Matador and Agresso are considered an asset;
- Student Focused;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to build strong relationships across the organization; and
- A high level of integrity, professionalism and accountability.
How to Apply
Only applications received electronically will be considered. To apply, go to http://www.gprc.ab.ca/careers and select the job posting.
We review all applications to select candidates whose qualifications and experience most closely meet our needs.
Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted. For general inquiries, please contact HR at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for applying to GPRC!
411 total views, 1 today