Management Industrial Skills and Trades Training Centre
Industrial Skills and Trades Training Centre Manager
Classification: Economic Development Consultant 3
Full-Time Regular Position
University College of the North (UCN) is committed to building a workforce that is representative of the populations we serve. Applications are invited from individuals who have a demonstrated interest and ability to work with Aboriginal learners and mature students.
The Position: University College of the North requires an ISTTC Manager to provide operational management over all facets of the new Industrial Skills and Trades Training Centre at Thompson, Manitoba. The ISTTC Manager will manage numerous multi-stakeholder projects encompassing both short and long term development and programming to ensure that the ISTTC is created and operational in a manner that aligns with the philosophy and strategic plan outlined in the ISTTC Master Plan of the TEDWG process at Thompson and region.
• Proven ability to provide the leadership to take a proposed plan through to successful operation
• Proven skills in political astuteness when working with various forms of governments, industries, communities and other stakeholder groups
• Proven ability to manage teams and budgets for success
• Knowledge and experience in industrial skills and/or the trades sector
• Knowledge and experience in adult education within northern Manitoba
• Proven ability to communicate in a culturally appropriate and effective manner with the diverse peoples of northern Manitoba
• Proven interpersonal, self-management and leadership skills
• Demonstrated high degree of confidentiality
• Effective use of information technology
• Personal experience and/or knowledge and understanding of the Aboriginal culture
• The ability to speak an Aboriginal language
• Knowledge and experience with Manitoba’s apprenticeship training
• Experience with post-secondary training and institutions in Manitoba
Conditions of Employment:
• Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada
• Ability to travel into northern communities
Applicants must provide a cover letter, résumé, references and copies of their transcripts with their application.
Applicants must demonstrate on their résumé how they meet the qualifications.
Representative Workforce (formerly employment equity) is a factor in the selection process. Preference will be given to Aboriginal candidates. Applicants are invited to indicate in their covering letter or résumé if they are from any of the following groups: Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities, or women and men in non-traditional roles. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
Competition Number: 15-109
Closing Date: November 13, 2015 or until the position is filled
Salary Range: $33.73 to $42.17 hourly, plus remoteness allowance
Apply to: University College of the North, Attention: Human Resources
P.O. Box 3000
The Pas MB R9A 1M7
Fax: (204) 623-4414
Email: email@example.com (preferred format)
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted
Application materials, including letters of reference, will be handled in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Legislation (Manitoba).
For more information and other employment opportunities, visit www.ucn.ca.
3143 total views, 3 today