Faculty Instructor, English & General Education
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Division of Arts, Education and Business at Medicine Hat College invites applications for the position of a full-time Instructor of English and General Education/Liberal Education. Commencing July 1, 2018, this position is subject to successful completion of a two-year probationary term and budgetary approval.
The appointment is continuous in the multidisciplinary department of Humanities and Social Sciences, whose members represent the main liberal arts subject areas. The department is also home to the General Education subject area, an area of interdisciplinary studies where courses that are core to our degrees in Business and Education are offered on campus in collaboration with Mount Royal University.
- Ph.D. in English is required
- Additional background or experience in any one of the following areas would be an asset: cultural studies, philosophy, sociology, political science, women’s/gender studies, history or aboriginal studies
- Prior teaching experience at the post-secondary level would be a definite asset
- Teaching university-level courses in English literature and composition
- Teaching courses in the liberal education stream at the College
- Contributing to course and program development
- Maintaining scholarly activity consistent with program requirements
Please provide your curriculum vitae, a statement of teaching philosophy, and the names of three professional references along with a cover letter quoting competition #118091. Applications can be sent to email@example.com. Deadline for receipt of applications is June 15, 2018.
For more information, contact, Erin Penzes, Interim, Dean of Arts, Education & Business:
Phone: 403 529 3928
Known for our focus on students – and our innovative and collaborative nature – Medicine Hat College proudly serves over 8,000 learners each year. Committed to the communities of southeastern Alberta, Medicine Hat College is a learner focused provider of quality education, training, and services. With a culture of excellence and numerous benefits for employees, the College is a great place to work, learn and grow. To learn more visit www.mhc.ab.ca.
638 total views, 1 today