Clerical / Administrative International Student Recruiter
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
At the Southern Alberta Institute of Technology (SAIT), we are the shapers. The makers. The originals, driven by a passion for excellence and impact. We offer action-based learning, solution-focused research and enterprising collaborations with partners from around the world. We are a global leader in applied education, an Alberta Top Employer and a destination workplace for people empowered to make a difference in the lives of students. Now is an exciting time to join this one-of-a-kind place…SAIT.
The International Centre recruits highly qualified students for SAIT’s programs and assists with their transition to SAIT and Canada, offering support while they are studying here. With international students enrolled in programs in all eight academic schools, there are currently 1,250 students from 87 countries studying at SAIT. The International Centre staff provide academic advising, admission and registration assistance, help with study/work permits and temporary resident visas, information on housing options, and initiatives that promote international student retention and cultural diversity.
We are seeking an individual committed to helping us achieve our international student enrollment objectives. Reporting to the International Centre Director, the International Student Recruiter will be directly responsible for pro-actively recruiting international students and agents, and for increasing global awareness of SAIT as a provider of exceptional applied education. You will be skilled in developing and implementing recruitment activities and in creating and managing relationships with potential students, agents, partner institutions, international educational institutions and Canadian government offices overseas. This position has a substantial travel component (up to 50%) including local, national and international travel. It requires a high degree of adaptability, self-direction, creative thinking, organization skills, relationship building, and communication skills.
- Recruiting international students both within and outside Canada through international education fairs/agent fairs/partner events, high school visits and through other local, national and international venues.
- Developing international student recruitment plans and producing international marketing materials, including brochures, advertising, website, social media, and PowerPoint presentations.
- Providing a full service, proactive student relationship program from first point of contact through to application at SAIT.
- Gathering information and data to produce reports on potential markets, market activity, competitors, recruitment trips and enrollment growth within SAIT.
- Effectively communicating the value of SAIT’s program offerings to potential international students, agents, high schools and universities, government offices and national/international associations through marketing initiatives, presentations, personal contact and electronic means.
- Developing, maintaining and monitoring agent relationships.
- Conducting telephone, electronic and in-person (including walk-ins) advising to attract potential students.
- Maintaining existing recruitment related databases on marketing activities and overseeing development of new databases.
- Adhering to SAIT’s travel and expense policies as related to the International Centre
- Degree or diploma in a related discipline (e.g. international business, marketing and communications)
- Three (3) years of experience in a post-secondary institution, specifically in international recruitment activities, including cross-cultural initiatives and advising.
- Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be considered.
- Experience working in the Asian market would be an asset
- Experience in working with agents and managing agent relationships is desirable.
- Previous international travel experience and the ability to travel freely overseas for extended periods are essential. A valid passport is required.
- Valid driver’s license is required. Must produce a satisfactory driver’s abstract with less than six demerit points.
- English language proficiency is essential. A second language is an asset
- Be strongly self-directed, goal oriented and a team player
- Exhibit cultural sensitivity, discretion, professionalism and sound judgment
- Possess flexibility and adaptability skills in a changing environment
- Possess knowledge of current issues in international student recruitment and post-secondary education.
- Exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience in public speaking and making presentations.
- Ability to pro-actively develop strong working relationships with internal and external partners.
- Excellent Microsoft Office computer skills, including Word, Excel, Power Point, Skype, Publisher, Internet and Social media platforms. Experience in Banner and Maximizer are desirable.
Why Work at SAIT
Enjoy a stimulating work environment, a beautiful campus overlooking downtown Calgary and a great benefits package including: comprehensive health and dental coverage, a defined benefit pension plan, professional development programs, generous paid time off, free access to our Wellness Centre, transit subsidies and more.
Please continue with the online application process by clicking the Apply Now button or use your LinkedIn Profile.
If you have any questions about the role please contact the Talent Acquisition Team via firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not apply to this email address; all applications should be made through our online system.
All applications must be received by: May 28, 2018 at 4:59PM MST / 5:59PM MDT.
SAIT is committed to equity and diversity within its community and invites applications from all qualified applicants.
SAIT’s vision is to be a global leader in applied education.
430 total views, 1 today