Faculty Learning Facilitator
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Location: Cold Lake, Alberta
Position type: Full-time continuous
ABOUT THE POSITION
We are actively seeking a highly-motivated and enthusiastic individual to join the Portage College team at the Cold Lake campus as a Learning Facilitator. Some of the responsibilities of this position include:
• Administer Woodcock-Johnson IV and other level A and B academic assessments with students.
• Provide assistance to adult students with learning disabilities by developing and implementing Individual Educational Plans.
• Support students in applying for external grants; Identify student disability funding.
• Document and report writing for internal and external agencies according to SLS and Portage College guidelines and policies.
• Create student progress reports and provide recommendations to instructors to assist students with their learning.
• Develop and present workshops on various topics to student groups to support student efforts with academics. Also organize and facilitate workshops for students and faculty.
• Collaborate with instructors and program coordinators to develop effective orientation programs and workshops that meet student needs.
• Provide ongoing communication with internal and external stakeholders and attend meetings as required.
• Support Learning Assistants in implementing SLS services by providing training, direction and support.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Education, Special Education, Psychology or related discipline.
• Experience implementing Individual Educational Plans and Woodcock-Johnson assessments.
• Knowledge of, and experience with, psychological testing protocols, evaluation methods and learning barriers.
• Excellent communication and organizational skills and the ability to deliver exceptional presentations.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Experience working in a cross-cultural environment and with adult learners would be considered assets.
• Experience working in a post-secondary institution would be a definite asset.
• Strong computer skills, especially with MS Office.
• Successful applicant will be required to provide a current criminal records check and driver’s abstract.
ABOUT OUR COLLEGE
Portage College has been serving the region for nearly 50 years and is a first choice post-secondary institution for learners in northeast Alberta. You will find that we are a college that combines quality with innovation. In fact, Portage College is considered a leader when it comes to providing students with a flexible first-class educational experience. In addition to our health and wellness programs, we offer a wide range of programs in business, human services, university studies, food sciences, trades and technical, native arts and culture, and in academics for career and education.
As a member of the Faculty Association, our non-instructional staff have access to a number of benefits that include generous vacation days, participation in the College pension plan, excellent health and dental benefits and access to a strong professional development fund that allows employees to grow and develop professionally by taking college or university courses, or attending conferences or workshops. Our employees’ dependants can also apply for tuition bursary discounts if they enroll in a program at Portage College.
HOW TO APPLY
If you have the right qualifications, experience, and motivation to do extraordinary things at Portage College, we would love to hear from you. Email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions, call us at 780-623-5747.
Please note we don’t accept third-party resume and cover letter submissions.
The College appreciates the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
554 total views, 1 today