Management Manager of Admissions and International
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Manager of Admissions and International (Permanent) – Competition #M1 – 17/18 – Swift Current Campus
Great Plains College is seeking a Manager of Admissions and International to oversee student admissions and registration services. This manager plays a leadership role in the development and implementation of international student initiatives related to recruitment, admissions and settlement.
Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Director of Learners Services and Adult Basic Education, specific duties include:
- Establish, implement and monitor consistent admissions processes for domestic and international students.
- Oversee transfer credit and alternate admissions, including placement testing.
- Develop and maintain program intake manuals.
- Establish and administer student tuition and related fees.
- Oversee student orientations throughout the college.
- Oversee the operation of the student information system.
- Coordinate and implement data collection and reporting processes.
- Develop, administer, tabulate, analyze, interpret results and report on college surveys.
- Validate data and ensure exceptional data integrity.
Student Financial Assistance
- Communicate and administer comprehensive financial aid services to all students.
- Manage and report on student financial aid programs.
- Manage and report on Workforce Development and Student Loan Disability Grants.
- Oversee Provincial Training Allowance (PTA) funds.
- Assess and provide staff training related to financial assistance programs.
International Recruitment and Admissions
- Establish and execute an annual international recruitment plan to reach enrolment goals.
- Develop strong relationships and maintain extensive communication with internal and external stakeholders.
- Facilitate communication with international applicants, including information related to settlement.
- Work with community partners and internal staff/students to create a welcoming atmosphere for international students.
- Manage international student orientations.
- Provide leadership and direct supervision of registration and student services staff, located throughout a dispersed geographic region.
- Manage assigned staff and develop an effective, team-oriented working environment.
- Develop and implement college policy and procedures related to admissions, registrations, international, student records and student financial assistance programs.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Education
Candidates must be able to demonstrate:
- Knowledge of student admissions and enrolment practices, both domestic and international
- Effective management and supervisory skills
- Proven willingness to embrace cultural diversity and work in a cross-cultural environment
- Proven ability to liaise, build and maintain strong, collaborative working relationships and partnerships
- Excellent interpersonal skills and highly developed written, verbal and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and prioritize work according to the needs of the organization
- High degree of diplomacy, integrity and confidentiality
- Ability to research, analyze and assess information to develop and prepare reports, proposals and recommendations
- Must possess a valid Saskatchewan Driver’s License and a valid Canadian passport as travel is required, including some national and international travel.
It would be an asset for candidates to have:
- Knowledge of the Canadian and Saskatchewan immigration processes
- Familiarity with English language proficiency requirements at post-secondary institutions
- Ability to speak a second language
- The minimum educational qualification for this position is a relevant four-year Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in business or international business. This education would typically provide knowledge in program development, needs assessment, budgeting, proposal writing, analytical skills, research skills and cultural awareness.
The minimum amount of practical, related experience required to perform the duties of this position is three (3) years. This experience will demonstrate the skills required to negotiate with partners, deal with sensitive situations, organizational, time management and supervisory skills.
A minimum of three months experience living, studying or working outside of Canada.
For additional information on this competition, please contact Keleah Ostrander, Director of Learner Services & ABE at (306) 778-5471.Send resume and cover letter quoting competition of interest to:
The successful applicant will be required to complete a criminal background check that is satisfactory to Great Plains College.
Applications received prior to 4:00 p.m. on January 10, 2018 will be reviewed for this competition.
Great Plains College
129 2nd Ave NE
Swift Current, SK S9H 2C6
Fax: (306) 773-2384
391 total views, 1 today