Management Manager, Projects & Processes
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
|Position Title||Manager, Projects & Processes|
|Location||New Westminster Campus|
|Grade or Pay Level||–|
|Position Type||Administration – Regular|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Day of the Week||Mondays to Fridays|
|Shift||8:30 am – 4:30 pm|
|Work Arrangements||This regular full-time position is available effective April 3, 2018. Regular hours of work are 8:30 am to 4:30 pm, Monday to Friday.|
|What Douglas Offers||DO what you love. Be good at it. That’s how Douglas College defines a great career. It’s a philosophy that resonates through our classrooms, our offices and our boardrooms. It inspires our students and drives us to make Douglas College one of BC’s Top Employers. We love what we do. And we’re looking for passionate, motivated people to join us in making one of Canada’s best colleges even better.|
|The Role||Under the general direction of the Registrar, the Manager, Projects & Processes supports planning, integration, and implementation of College-wide projects into business unit activities. The position also provides consultative services for business process reviews defining the “as-is” and “to-be” states, assists the College’s Manager, Projects & Business Solutions helping to define the business requirements of the project, and provides for training and change management support to the affected units. This position is also responsible for evaluating the operational effectiveness of implemented projects through use of appropriately selected key performance indicators and metrics.|
|Responsibilities||The Manager, Projects & Processes is accountable for the following:
• Ensuring that project management services are planned, developed, and implemented in accordance with College policies, procedures, and requirements.
• Identifying project management service needs through consultation with all user groups.
• Managing or facilitating management of cross-departmental and enterprise systems projects by supporting the efforts of the department-based project resources; helping to define the business requirements of the project.
• Selecting and directing of the work of consultants and contractors, where applicable.
• Evaluating the operational effectiveness of implemented projects through the use of appropriately selected key performance indicators and metrics.
• Representing the Office, Division, or the College, as deemed appropriate by the Registrar, on College committees and external agencies and organizations.
• Interacting with many levels of the College’s departments and academic units to ensure organizational operations are effective, efficient, consistent, and aligned with strategic objectives through analysis of business processes, business outcomes, and key performance measures.
• Enabling multiple departments to work cooperatively to develop optimized shared processes, streamline operations, and improve effectiveness.
• Analyzing and evaluating organizational metrics against strategic objectives and providing recommendations for measurement adjustments/changes to more effectively monitor performance.
|To Be Successful in this Role You Will Need||• Established professional credibility as evidenced by a baccalaureate degree in a relevant area such as Computing Science, Information Technology, Engineering, Business Administration or a related discipline from an accredited post-secondary institution. An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered. Preference will be given to candidates with an MBA;
• Minimum 5 years of recent related experience in or supporting the Office of the Registrar;
• Knowledge in project management methodologies. Preference will be given to candidates with a Project Management Professional designation (or equivalent);
• Demonstrated knowledge of the standards for project management and related methodologies;
• Demonstrated leadership at a management level;
• Demonstrated experience in project management and business/systems analysis;
• Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities;
• Demonstrated ability to apply critical thinking;
• Demonstrated experience as a functional lead administering a Banner Student Module, preferably in the Office of the Registrar. Experience in a comparable student information system will be considered.
• Demonstrated experience using database reporting tools that include authoring SQL.
• Demonstrated experience or education in curriculum logistics or curriculum administration and a degree audit system.
• Ability to facilitate group workflow modeling sessions including brainstorming and evaluation of potential process improvement suggestions;
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment;
• Good written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills;
• Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language;
• Highly self-motivated and directed;
• Keen attention to detail; and
• Commitment to a respectful, team-orientated collaborative work environment. Must be able to deal with sensitive issues with tact and diplomacy.
• Communications Skills – Possesses strong communication skills, both verbal and written, and expresses thoughts in an organized, concise manner. Actively listens to the issues of others in a manner that elicits cooperation and support. Demonstrates an effective and adaptive skill in communicating with students/individuals under stress. Develops and delivers effective presentations. Has the ability to present information and ideas to diverse groups.
• Market Knowledge – Continuously seeks to stay current and be at the leading edge in his/her field and is committed to continuous learning; one who is self‐motivated and self‐directed, being able to work independently with sense of urgency to task completion.
• Innovative & Entrepreneurial Approach – Seeks out possibilities, develops new ideas, and effectively moves them forward. Is creative, innovative, and takes advantage of opportunities while recognizing the necessity of working with limited resources and in alignment with the strategic directions of the College.
• Employee and Student Centric – Anticipates, responds, and attends to the needs of employees, students, and other internal and external customers of the department and organization.
• Effective Working Relationships – Treats staff, colleagues, and students with respect; resolves conflicts respectfully and in a timely way, negotiates effectively, and provides effective feedback to colleagues/direct reports.
• Administrative Skills – Provides leadership and ensures accountability for achievement of results; very focused; strong organizational skills; simplifies often complex and lengthy matters; effective time management skills; ability to separate important issues and identify priorities.
• Organizationally Astute – Is diplomatic and tactful; non-confrontational; recognizes internal and external sensitivities; has an intuitive ability to read the political implications of recommendations and actions; uses sound judgment.
• Energetic and Adaptable – Is prepared to take on longer-term initiatives and does so with enthusiasm; has the ability to adapt to new and changing situations; able to alter course/direction when necessary; enjoys and embraces new challenges. Flexible; able to deal with stress effectively.
|Link to Full Position Profile|
|Diversity Statement||Douglas College is committed to being a workplace that is free of discrimination, that values diversity and is representative, at all job levels, of the communities we serve.|
Posting Detail Information
|Open Until Filled||No|
|Special Instructions to Applicant||Interested applicants must ensure that a resume and cover letter are submitted online and received by 4:30 pm on March 5, 2018. Please ensure your resume clearly explains how you meet the required knowledge, skills and abilities of the position for which you are applying.
This position will remain open until filled.
All candidates selected for interview will need to bring original certificates and diplomas of educational credentials noted on their resume.
|Quick Link for Direct Access to Posting||http://www.douglascollegecareers.ca/postings/1821|
392 total views, 1 today