Faculty Part-time Faculty – Curriculum Developer – Honours Bachelor of Landscape and Horticulture Management
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Part-time Faculty – Curriculum Developer – Honour Bachelor of Landscape and Horticulture Management (ARD 201700001)
School of Design
Faculty of Arts, Media and Design
Employment Group: Faculty
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Note: This is a temporary part-time Faculty position starting February 2, 2017 and ending August 31, 2017.
The School of Design is accepting applications for the position of Part-time Faculty – Curriculum Developer – Honours Bachelor of Landscape and Horticulture Management.
- Applicants must have a combination of excellent leadership and teaching skills with a strong commitment to academic excellence and student success
- Specialization in one of the listed fields
- The applicant must have a thorough understanding of instructional design theories, methodologies, and best practices and how development of a course is an integral part of a program (degree)
- Apply curriculum development knowledge and instructional design theory to develop interactive curricula that is profession/industry based
- Experience utilizing best practices to deliver interactive learning at the degree level using a variety of blended learning strategies to support theoretical and lab and case study-based education delivery
- Identify and implement best practices in curriculum and instructional design and development, and bring new approaches to this new degree
- Master’s degree or PhD in a related discipline (i.e. Horticulture, Agriculture, Arboriculture, Botany, Plant Science, Public Horticulture, Parks Management etc.)
- Minimum 5 years recent, relevant experience
- Professional association with relevant organization dependent on degree
- Familiarity with Landscape Ontario and CNLA
- Intimate knowledge of the Landscape Industry in Ontario and preferably Canada and internationally
- Experience in teaching and curriculum development at the post‐secondary level preferred
- Ability to adhere to strict production timelines and be available to be attend a mandatory curriculum development workshop
- Highly effective communication, presentation, and organizational skills
While transcripts are not required for the interview, they are mandatory prior to any offer of employment.
How to Apply:
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR COVER LETTER AND RESUME VIA EMAIL (quoting Competition No. ARD 201700001) TO:
Program Manager, Faculty of Arts, Media & Design
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those chosen for an interview will be acknowledged.
Fanshawe College is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equity, value diversity, and welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds.
Fanshawe College provides accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If a job applicant requires an accommodation during the application process or through the selection process, the hiring manager and the Recruitment Coordinator leading the recruitment will work with the applicant to meet the job applicant’s accommodation needs.
521 total views, 1 today