Executive Management President and Chief Executive Officer
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
President and Chief Executive Officer
Location: Lac La Biche Campus
Job ID number: 18-PRES-01-PC
Posting date: October 23, 2018
Closing date: November 27, 2018
ABOUT THE POSITION
Portage College has a proud history of serving Albertans for 50 years.
The College is seeking a President and Chief Executive Officer to lead and to continue to build on its solid foundation in post-secondary education. The expectation of the incumbent is to continue to guide the College to achieving its vision to be first choice in its region and a model for rural education. The incumbent will have an interest in working with vibrant, multicultural communities in rural Alberta.
Reporting to the Board of Governors, the President and Chief Executive Officer is responsible for all aspects of Portage College’s academic, financial and community performance. The role of the President is to lead the College, its executive team, faculty and staff in the achievement of the institution’s goals and expectations.
The primary role of the President is to provide strategic and innovative stewardship of the College and its numerous campuses. This includes formulating and articulating a vision for the College to address future evolving social, economic and political factors that define institutional priorities that will build and advance the College with all its relevant stakeholders. The President provides leadership in implementing the Mission, Values and Beliefs, and Vision and serves as an ambassador of the College.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Postgraduate qualifications are preferred. Consideration will be given to candidates with an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience in education and/or business, management and leadership.
• A proven, successful record of at least 5 to 10 years of senior academic experience and progressive management experience in the post-secondary sector, or a complex, multi-faceted organization is essential.
• Strong business skills balanced with a ‘people’ orientation.
• The ideal candidate will be a strong leader and an excellent communicator with demonstrated ability to relate effectively with diverse internal and external stakeholders.
• The incumbent understands Post-Secondary Education within Alberta and can identify trends impacting Post-Secondary Education across the nation.
• The Main Campus of Portage College is based in Lac La Biche, Alberta where the incumbent is expected to reside.
• A compensation package will be negotiated with the incumbent, in accordance with PSI compensation framework.
HOW TO APPLY AND CLOSING DATE
Email your cover letter and resume to PCPresidentSearch@gmail.com by November 27, 2018. If you have any questions, please contact Danielle Hessler, President Search Consultant, at 780-402-1412.
Portage College is committed to building a skilled, diverse workforce reflective of Canadian society.
442 total views, 2 today