Faculty Professor – Early Childhood Education Diploma
Professor – Early Childhood Education Diploma (HUM 201800306)
School of Community Studies
Faculty of Health, Community Services and Public Safety
Employment Group: Faculty
Type of Position: Full-time Permanent
Hours of Work Per Week: 44
Closing Date: Open until filled
A full-time Professor at Fanshawe College is responsible for providing academic leadership for developing an effective learning environment for students. The successful candidate will teach courses in the Early Childhood Education Program in the School of Community Studies.
- Combination of excellent leadership and teaching skills with a strong commitment to academic excellence and student success
- Excellent communicator
- Innovative and lifelong learner
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to relate effectively to a wide variety of learners
- Strong technical/computer skills and familiarity with educational technologies are required
- Teaching experience with hybrid and/or online delivery preferred
- Related industry work experience, previous college teaching experience and knowledge of curriculum design and student evaluations are assets
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree required
- ECE diploma an asset
- Minimum 5 years of recent and relevant work experience
- Current registration with relevant College required
- Preference will be given to candidates with a Master’s degree in a related discipline as well as consideration will be given to applicants who are currently enrolled in a Master’s program
- Well developed understanding of andragogy as well as curriculum design, delivery and evaluation
- Active in pursuit of scholarly activities
- Experience in an inter-professional work environment preferred
Approximate Start Date: January, 2019
Salary: Determination of starting salaries is based on relevant teaching/occupational experience and relevant formal qualifications, supported with original transcripts from granting institutions. The salary scale is $62,717 to $108,723 along with a comprehensive benefit package.
Partial load or full-time academic staff presently employed with the College will be given first consideration in accordance with the Academic Collective Agreement.
While transcripts are not required for the interview, they are mandatory prior to any offer of employment.
How to Apply:
Do not apply through the Job Board on this site. In order to be considered for this position you must apply through the Fanshawe website online application. See information below.
Please visit the Fanshawe College website at: https://jobs.fanshawec.ca/applicants/jsp/shared/Welcome_css.jsp
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be acknowledged.
Fanshawe College is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equity, value diversity, and welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds.
Fanshawe College provides accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If a job applicant requires an accommodation during the application process or through the selection process, the hiring manager and the Recruitment Coordinator leading the recruitment will work with the applicant to meet the job applicant’s accommodation needs.
229 total views, 1 today