Faculty Professor – Mathematics
Professor – Mathematics (MAN 201700200)
School of Applied Science and Technology
Faculty of Technology
Employment Group: Faculty
Type of Position: Full-time Permanent
Hours of Work Per Week: 44
Closing Date for Internal Applications (Full-time or Partial Load): October 13, 2017
Closing Date for External Applications: October 20, 2017
A full-time Professor at Fanshawe College is responsible for providing academic leadership and for developing an effective learning environment for students. The successful candidate will teach courses in the Mathematics Program in the School of Applied Science and Technology.
- Strong computer skills and familiarity with educational technologies
- Leadership and teaching experience with a demonstrated commitment to student success
- Communication and interpersonal skills along with a demonstrated ability to work in a team
- Knowledge of curriculum design principals, course development and student evaluation
- Teaching experience with hybrid and/or online delivery preferred
- Experience with Applied Research projects an asset
- Minimum 5 years or more of related industry or teaching experience
- Experience teaching math to a diverse group of learners across a broad spectrum of abilities is required
- A demonstrated interest in professional development and novel ways of incorporating technology into Math instruction is critical
- Must have the ability to teach Calculus including derivatives of transcendental functions and infinite series including Maclaurin, Taylor and Fourier
- Knowledge of electrical systems, the trades and manufacturing or mathematical applications in Biology or Environmental Engineering an asset
- University degree in a related field required
- Post-graduate engineering degree preferred
- P. Eng certification an asset
- Ontario College of Teachers certification preferred
Approximate Start Date: January 2, 2018
Salary: Determination of starting salaries is based on relevant teaching/occupational experience and relevant formal qualifications, supported with original transcripts from granting institutions. The salary scale is $61,638 to $106,853 along with a comprehensive benefit package.
Partial load or full-time academic staff presently employed with the College will be given first consideration in accordance with the Academic Collective Agreement.
While transcripts are not required for the interview, they are mandatory prior to any offer of employment.
How to Apply:
IMPORTANT: Do not apply through the Job Board on this site. In order to be considered for this position you must apply through the Fanshawe website online application. See information below.
For more information and how to apply, please visit the Fanshawe College website at: https://jobs.fanshawec.ca/applicants/jsp/shared/Welcome_css.jsp
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be acknowledged.
Fanshawe College is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equity, value diversity, and welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds.
Fanshawe College provides accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If a job applicant requires an accommodation during the application process or through the selection process, the hiring manager and the Recruitment Coordinator leading the recruitment will work with the applicant to meet the job applicant’s accommodation needs.
159 total views, 1 today