Faculty Professor – Medical Radiation Technology
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Professor – Medical Radiation Technology (HLT 201800053)
School of Health Sciences
Faculty of Health, Community Studies and Public Safety
Employment Group: Faculty
Type of Position: Full-time Permanent
Hours of Work Per Week: 44
Closing Date for Internal Applications (Full-time or Partial Load): March 13, 2018
Closing Date for External Applications: March 20, 2018
A full-time Professor at Fanshawe College is responsible for providing academic leadership and for developing an effective learning environment for students. The successful candidate will teach courses in the Medical Radiation Technology Program and could teach courses in other programs within the School of Health Sciences.
- Combination of excellent leadership and teaching skills with a strong commitment to academic excellence and student success
- Excellent communicator
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to relate effectively to a wide variety of learners
- Strong technical/computer skills and familiarity with educational technologies are required
- Related industry work experience, previous college teaching experience and knowledge of curriculum design and student evaluations are assets
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree required
- Preference will be given to candidates with a Master’s degree in a related discipline as well as consideration will be given to applicants who are currently enrolled in a Master’s program
- Minimum 5 years of recent and relevant work experience in a digital imaging department
- Additional educational qualification in Medical Radiation Technology
- Registered and in good standing with the College of Medical Radiation Technologists of Ontario (CMRTO)
- Active membership with CAMRT preferred
- Preference will be given to candidates with a minimum of 3 years experience in CT Scanning and/or CT certificate
Approximate Start Date: August 13, 2018
Salary: Determination of starting salaries is based on relevant teaching/occupational experience and relevant formal qualifications, supported with original transcripts from granting institutions. The salary scale is $62,717 to $108,723 along with a comprehensive benefit package.
Partial load or full-time academic staff presently employed with the College will be given first consideration in accordance with the Academic Collective Agreement.
While transcripts are not required for the interview, they are mandatory prior to any offer of employment.
How to Apply:
Do not apply through the Job Board on this site. In order to be considered for this position you must apply through the Fanshawe website online application. See information below.
For more information and how to apply, please visit the Fanshawe College website at: https://jobs.fanshawec.ca/applicants/jsp/shared/Welcome_css.jsp
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be acknowledged.
Fanshawe College is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equity, value diversity, and welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds.
Fanshawe College provides accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If a job applicant requires an accommodation during the application process or through the selection process, the hiring manager and the Recruitment Coordinator leading the recruitment will work with the applicant to meet the job applicant’s accommodation needs.
331 total views, 1 today