Faculty Professor – Welding
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Professor – Welding (MAN 201700202)
School of Applied Science and Technology
Faculty of Technology
Employment Group: Faculty
Type of Position: Full-time Permanent
Hours of Work Per Week: 44
Closing Date for Internal Applications (Full-time or Partial Load): October 11, 2017
Closing Date for External Applications: October 18, 2017
A full-time Professor at Fanshawe College is responsible for providing academic leadership and for developing an effective learning environment for students. The successful candidate will teach courses in the Welding Program in the School of Applied Science and Technology.
- Strong computer skills and familiarity with educational technologies
- Leadership and teaching experience with a demonstrated commitment to student success
- Communication and interpersonal skills along with a demonstrated ability to work in a team
- Knowledge of curriculum design principals, course development and student evaluation
- Teaching experience with hybrid and/or online delivery preferred
- Experience with Applied Research projects an asset
- Minimum 5 years or more of related industry experience
- Extensive knowledge in welding (TIG/GMAW) and metal fabrication
- Robotic welding experience for either spot or MIG welding
- Extensive experience with common welding processes, the use of jigs and fabrication processes, blueprint interpretation
- Experience with non-destructive testing and weld inspection including liquid penetrant, magnetic particle and industrial ultrasonics
- Experience with robotic programming an asset
- Experience with unique metal types (Dual phase, HSLA), or DC mid frequency welding or laser welding an asset
- One (or a combination) of either an Engineering Degree, Advanced Diploma and or Certificate of Apprenticeship in Manufacturing related trades
- Eng qualifications an asset
- Teaching Certification an asset
Approximate Start Date: January 2, 2018
Salary: Determination of starting salaries is based on relevant teaching/occupational experience and relevant formal qualifications, supported with original transcripts from granting institutions. The salary scale is $61,638 to $106,853 along with a comprehensive benefit package.
Partial load or full-time academic staff presently employed with the College will be given first consideration in accordance with the Academic Collective Agreement.
While transcripts are not required for the interview, they are mandatory prior to any offer of employment.
How to Apply:
IMPORTANT: Do not apply through the Job Board on this site. In order to be considered for this position you must apply through the Fanshawe website online application. See information below.
For more information and how to apply, please visit the Fanshawe College website at: https://jobs.fanshawec.ca/applicants/jsp/shared/Welcome_css.jsp
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be acknowledged.
Fanshawe College is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equity, value diversity, and welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds.
Fanshawe College provides accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If a job applicant requires an accommodation during the application process or through the selection process, the hiring manager and the Recruitment Coordinator leading the recruitment will work with the applicant to meet the job applicant’s accommodation needs.
240 total views, 1 today