Faculty Program Manager
APPLICATIONS ARE INVITED FOR THE FOLLOWING
FULL-TIME TERM POSITION (One year)
|Position:||Program Manager, Credentialed Programs, Emergency Management|
|Division:||Emergency Management Division|
|Reporting To:||EMD Program Director, Program Development and Credential Programs|
Justice Institute of British Columbia:
The Justice Institute of British Columbia (JIBC) is Canada’s leading public safety educator – a public post-secondary educational institution that has earned a worldwide reputation for excellence and innovation. JIBC educational programs and services are delivered to government agencies, community organizations, private corporations and the general public in communities throughout the province and around the world. Each year, the JIBC’s distinctive educational learning model attracts an average of 27,000 students, many of whom return as students throughout their careers.
Emergency Management Division:
As part of the JIBC School of Public Safety, the Emergency Management Division has been educating public safety leaders in Canada and internationally for more than 20 years. From preparation and mitigation through to response and recovery, the Emergency Management Division provides comprehensive and innovative academic programs and applied training and services in emergency management, incident command system, exercise design, emergency social services, and search and rescue.
As a contributing member of the Emergency Management team, this position is responsible for the management of tuition-based courses and programs. This includes the coordination, delivery, and development of emergency management courses at the certificate and undergraduate degree level. The incumbent will work actively with students, faculty, colleagues and other subject matter experts to ensure the quality of EMD’s courses and programs and a positive experience for students.
Program Development and Management
- Manages aspects of program delivery including: student advising, business development, promotion and marketing, needs assessment, course design, development and evaluation, financial management, and day-to-day supervision of faculty relations.
- Conducts program reviews and course evaluations for program areas, ensuring compliance with JIBC program evaluation policies and guidelines.
- Works with instructors, instructional designers, Indigenous and other communities, and professional associations and organizations, to ensure that courses, programs and products developed reflect current theory, use of appropriate educational technologies, best practices and the latest in skills development.
- Develops curriculum, including: project planning, needs assessments, creation of learning objectives, content and lesson design, resource selection, evaluation requirements and administrative materials. Writes and edits course manuals and materials as required.
- Instructs/facilitates presentations, workshops and undergraduate level courses.
Faculty Recruitment, Development & Support
- Manages program faculty including coordinating faculty events, eliciting feedback, and supporting instruction.
- Participates in the recruitment, orientation and mentoring of new faculty.
- Prepares hiring documentation, contracts, course development agreements, and instructional agreements for the review and approval of the Program Director.
Financial & Administration
- Reports on variances/forecasts for assigned area of responsibilities.
- Deploys resources to ensure financial objectives for program delivery are met.
- Monitors tuition revenues and expenses and related financial matters.
- Reviews and approves invoices, time sheets, expense claims, and leave forms within area of responsibility.
- Develops and maintains emergency management expertise in assigned areas.
- Represents the Division on relevant JIBC, community, board, government and post-secondary education committees.
- Works with divisional program staff on interdivisional projects and areas of common concern.
- Communicates/collaborates with other divisions/schools on common programs, courses, and interests.
- Travels occasionally on business.
- Assumes other related duties as required.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Graduate degree in related discipline
- Credentials in Adult Education and/or Curriculum Design and Disaster/Emergency Management an asset.
Knowledge, Training, Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar program management capacity, preferably within a post-secondary education setting.
- Experience in and knowledge of curriculum development processes and adult education principles.
- Experience in conducting and applying research findings into curriculum.
- Excellent technical writing and editing skills.
- Experience teaching/instructing adult learners.
- Proven ability to market programs and write proposals.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, knowledge of Blackboard or other learning management systems an asset.
- Demonstrated communication, relationship building and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated project management and time management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment, build rapport and trust, and exercise judgment and sensitivity working with complex issues.
This full-time term position includes a competitive compensation package:
- 20 days’ vacation per annum to start plus 10 personal/discretionary days per annum (pro-rated in first year of hire)
- Defined benefit pension – College Pension Plan
- Competitive extended health and dental benefits plan (effective 1st of the month following 3 months’ employment)64
|Salary Range:||$77,335.15 – 85,927.94 per annum (Fair Comparison Job Level L3)|
|Posting Date:||October 2, 2017|
|Closing Date:||October 15, 2017|
|End Date:||October 2018 (approx.)|
Please submit a resume/CV, cover letter
and copies of academic / professional credentials,
quoting Competition #17-64: email@example.com
For more information about this position, please contact:
Emergency Management Division, School of Public Safety
604-528-5702 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Justice Institute of British Columbia is an equal opportunity employer and is interested in broadening the diversity of its staff. We encourage applications from visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities.
294 total views, 1 today