Clerical / Administrative Program Officer
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Title: Program Officer
Supervisor: Vice-President or Program Director
Application deadline: June 15th, 2018 at 12pm EST
Starting date: Mid-July
Position Type: Full time, Permanent
Salary: Commensurate with experience plus a generous benefits package
To APPLY: Fill out this form
We thank everyone for applying but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The McConnell Foundation is a private Canadian foundation that develops and applies innovative approaches to social, cultural, economic and environmental challenges. We do so through granting and investing, capacity building, convening and creation of opportunities for collaboration.
The Program Officer advances the Foundation’s objectives by providing program and operations support. Program Officers have a variety of operational and strategic responsibilities inside the Foundation and with community partners and stakeholders. The Foundation is currently hiring for two program officer positions: one to work in the Vice-President’s Office and one to work with a Program Director responsible for RECODE, Public Interest Journalism, and other files.
Main responsibilities include:
- Engage with key stakeholders, partners, prospective grantees and others, to advance McConnell’s strategic priorities
- Contribute to strategic learning and program / administrative improvements
- Analyze proposals and manage grants
- Manage projects and events
- Support program evaluation and reporting
- Contribute to internal and external communications
- Undertake research and development activities
- Undertake general program staff functions, including administration and correspondence
- Aligned with the Foundation’s mission to work towards a sustainable, resilient and inclusive Canada
- Understanding of Canadian context for community organizations and social change movements
- Knowledge of social innovation approaches; experience in design and facilitation
- Demonstrated project management abilities; strong multi-tasking and organizational skills
- Demonstrated capacity to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities
- Well-developed interpersonal, relationship building skills
- Excellent written and verbal skills in one of Canada’s official languages; fully functional in the other
- Proven ability to work independently and in a team-based environment
- At least five years of relevant work experience
634 total views, 1 today