Clerical / Administrative Program Officer, Latin America
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Title: Program Officer, Latin America
Classification: Program Staff II
Supervisor: Director, Francophone/Lusophone Africa and Latin America
Division: International Partnerships
Reporting to the Director, Francophone/Lusophone Africa and Latin America (Pacific Alliance), , the Program Officer, is responsible for supporting primarily the Pacific Alliance and the EFE-Andes programs teams in a number of financial, technical and administrative capacities. The programs and will work within frameworks defined within both EFE Andes and Pacific Alliance programs and will take initiative in solving problems within those parameters. The incumbent may be assigned to coordinate the activities of both programs, other program initiatives and/or to assist other Officers in the design, implementation and coordination of project activities, including research development as well as guidance support and training for the member institutions.
CICan is currently implementing the Pacific Alliance Program (Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Peru) and the EFE-Andes (Bolivia, Colombia and Peru). Both programs, funded by Global Affairs Canada (GAC), facilitate the participation of Canadian Colleges and Institutes in institutional cooperation projects with Bolivian, Chilean, Colombian, Mexican and Peruvian partners.
Reporting to the Director, Francophone/Lusophone Africa and Latin America (Pacific Alliance) working more closely with the Manager of Operations, Andean (EFE-Andes) and with both teams (Senior Program Officers; Senior Technical Advisors in the field and Administrative Coordinators), the Program Officer is primarily responsible for monitoring and evaluation, drafting and revising documents including reports, proposals, guidelines, promotional materials and correspondence, related to or emanating from both programs.
The incumbent will also have translation duties (i.e.: assist with international delegations and translate documents) as well as technical responsibilities related to supporting the Monitoring and Evaluation activities (i.e. inputting data in the software, data collection, preparing reports from the M&E software, etc.) and to the development and management of a Moodle electronic platform that is used for sharing information among stakeholders
The work of the Program Officer is reviewed by the Director, Francophone/Lusophone Africa and Latin America (Pacific Alliance) and with the Manager of Operations, Andean (EFE-Andes), based on objectives and work plans set annually.
- Knowledge of monitoring and evaluation systems;
- perform various and complex tasks of a responsible and professional nature;
- prioritize multiple tasks and demands simultaneously;
- interact effectively with Association staff, senior and administrative staff from member institutions, partners and external agencies;
- exhibit sound tact and diplomacy;
- organize work effectively and efficiently within a team environment;
- function with flexibility and autonomy;
- work under pressure and sometimes changing deadlines, with strong attention to detail;
- make efficient and strategic recommendations;
- troubleshoot as required and provide innovative problem-solving solutions;
- treat everyone fairly and equitably and maintain high ethical standards;
- perform duties in accordance with CICan’s competencies, values and code of ethics;
- be able to travel domestically and internationally.
Specific Expectations: The Program Officer, Latin America, will:
- develop and manage a knowledge electronic platform (Moodle)
- assist with Monitoring and Evaluation activities of the project (i.e. inputting data in the software, data collection, preparing reports from the M&E software, etc.)
- draft and revise documents and promotional materials related to the administration of the EFE-Andes and the Pacific Alliance programs in Spanish and/or from Spanish;
- support team in conducting research and surveys, analyzing data, preparing reports and guidelines, and preparing proposals, as assigned;
- work with Senior Program Officers in the implementation and coordination of the program’s activities, including providing support and guidance to member institutions as assigned;
- monitor the work flow and activities associated with assigned projects including planning, operational, development, contracts as well as guidance and support for the member institutions;
- assist in the preparation and revision of various types of proposals and documents when required;
- provide information to member institutions regularly to assist in their implementation of projects;
- participate in the review of assigned projects to ensure that all contractual obligations are being met by all parties and report regularly on the implementation of activities and any anomalies;
- review financial reports submitted by institutional partnerships to ensure conformity with the program financial guidelines and report anomalies to Senior Program Officers and participate in the training of local staff;
- contribute to the effectiveness of team decision-making by obtaining information, searching records and preparing briefs;
- assist in maintaining contacts with the authorities from the appropriate planning, education and other related government sectors of the various overseas countries either directly, or through the member institutions, as required;
- support the team and provide direction as required;
- perform other related duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- graduate from a post-secondary institution or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
- knowledge of international development; familiarity with the strategies of development and the economic and political realities of the developing world;
- demonstrated research skills including electronic research;
- demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with a variety of stakeholders at different levels;
- proficient in managing information and administrative processes;
- strong organizational, communication and interpersonal abilities;
- demonstrated ability to being creative and innovative when problem-solving;
- excellent writing skills;
- knowledge of results-based management (RBM).
fluency in written and verbal Spanish, French, and English;
- demonstrated strong ability using Microsoft Office Suite (intermediate Excel)
- knowledge of M&E software;
- knowledge of Moodle;
- knowledge and understanding of the Canadian college system;
- demonstrated knowledge of the Education for Employment (EFE) approach;
- international work experience.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and résumé to Roxanne Cantin, Senior Personnel Officer before 4pm on October 27th, 2017 via email to: email@example.com.
CICan is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce. Do not hesitate to contact me if you require alternative arrangements to submit your application.
We thank all applicants in advance however only those selected for an interview will be acknowledged.
We will make every reasonable effort to accommodate prospective candidates under any of the protected grounds of discrimination. Should you need an accommodation, please make the request as soon as possible. If the accommodation is related to a medical or health condition, you may be required to provide confirmation from a medical profession that you require the accommodation. All requests for accommodation will be considered in a fair and objective manner that will ensure applicants are treated with respect and dignity.
640 total views, 2 today