Management Region Manager – Swift Current
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Region Manager (Permanent) – Competition #M2 – 17/18 – Swift Current Campus
Great Plains College invites applications for the Region Manager position situated in Swift Current. The incumbent will provide leadership for administration and programming within their service region as well as operations management for specific college facilities. Working collaboratively with executive management, Region Managers are responsible for oversight of quality programs and student life activities, implementation of organizational plans, budgeting, staff leadership and development, facility management, employer and community engagement, human resources, and assisting with marketing, recruitment and fundraising efforts.
Region Managers participate with the executive management team to develop and implement strategic plans, business plans, operational plans, as well as the overall college budget. They have a number of direct reports and directly or indirectly supervise all program staff within their region.
Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Vice-President (Academic), specific duties include:
Academic and Administrative Leadership
- Provide administrative and academic leadership in support of the strategic direction, with particular emphasis on creating a culture of educational excellence and learner achievement.
- Manage assigned faculty and staff, including workload assignments, employee recruitment and selection, orientation and training, performance evaluation, labour relations and health and safety.
- Promote collegiality and teamwork to foster positive working relationships among staff in all regions.
- Work closely with Human Resources to administer the terms and conditions of the Staff Agreement, Collective Bargaining Agreement, and human resource management strategies.
- Oversee daily operations of the region.
Program and Service Delivery
- Manage the implementation of annual program and service plans.
- Manage quality assurance processes and take corrective action in consultation with executive management.
- Contribute to the development of new programs, academic services and custom training.
- Respond to student and public concerns, consulting as appropriate with executive management to administer institutional policies and procedures.
External Engagement and Relationship Development
- Represent the college interests with business, industry, tribal councils, inter-institutional committees and with economic and social development agencies and bodies.
- Liaise and maintain effective working relationships with communities and stakeholders within the region.
- Identify, develop and maintain key regional and local partnerships.
- Participate in the development of the college’s strategic plan.
- Contribute to the research and evaluation of regional needs and contribute to a comprehensive program plan that best meets these needs.
- Contribute to the development, implementation and monitoring of sound policies and procedures within area of responsibility.
- Participate in the development of annual business and program plans.
- Prepare, monitor and manage budgets for area of responsibility and report on the same.
- Analyze the financial performance of the region in relation to the budget, ensuring accountability for allocations and expenditures.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Education:
Candidates must be able to demonstrate:
- Advanced knowledge of the nature and functioning of post-secondary institutions.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and highly developed oral and written communication skills.
- Strong leadership and management skills with an exceptional capability for resolving issues in an open and consultative manner.
- Proven ability to liaise, build and maintain strong working relationships and partnerships.
- Effective conflict management and dispute resolution skills.
- Excellent organizational, administrative and problem solving skills.
- Motivation to take initiative and make sound decisions while maintaining good judgment in keeping others apprised of important information.
- Intermediate computer skills in word processing, spreadsheets and e-mail.
- Ability and willingness to work collaboratively as a team player.
- The minimum educational qualification for this position is a related four-year undergraduate degree.
- Preference will be given to candidates who have a relevant graduate degree.
- Two years of management experience is required with preference given to candidates who have more than five years of experience at the senior level.
- Teaching experience in a secondary or post-secondary institution is an asset
- Regular travel within the region and the province is necessary; the candidate must possess a valid driver’s license with an acceptable record.
Great Plains College offers a generous compensation and benefits package.
For additional information including an Opportunity Profile and Required Competencies, refer to http://www.greatplainscollege.ca/work-us/.
To explore this opportunity further, contact:
Brian Gobbett, VP – Academics
Ph: (306) 778-5495
395 total views, 1 today