Clerical / Administrative Registrar
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
The Organization: Okanagan College
With a history that dates to 1963, Okanagan College has over a half-century history of providing post-secondary education and training to the Okanagan, Shuswap, and Similkameen regions. The College has a strong reputation for excellence in learning and teaching, and offers a wide variety of career, continuing education, developmental, trades, and vocational programs. The students, alumni, and employees of the College have helped support the development and growth of the Okanagan region, which has distinguished itself in recent years as one of the fastest growing and most dynamic areas in Canada.
Okanagan College is currently the second largest trades training institution in B.C., with a well-established reputation for service and teaching excellence among students, alumni, and employers. It serves over 20,000 students annually and offers more than 120 programs, spanning a broad array of areas and occupations. Reflected by its distinctive and easily identifiable red logo, the College’s brand has taken firm hold in the business and social fabric of the region due to the College’s focus on partnership and outreach, as well as meeting community, student, and employer needs, and is quickly gaining a reputation as an employer of choice within the region and in B.C.
To learn more, please visit Okanagan College’s website.
The Opportunity: Registrar
The Registrar, as the authorized custodian of Okanagan College’s student records, is responsible for the overall functioning and performance of the Office of the Registrar on all College campuses. The Registrar provides leadership in the overall administration of all enrolment services functions including recruitment, admissions, student information systems, records and registration, timetabling and scheduling, and graduation. Ensuring the provision of general supervision and leadership to the Registrar’s Office management team through the fostering of strong relationships and a collaborative approach within the unit, the Registrar provides overall leadership in the operational, planning, budgetary, and personnel matters affecting the unit.
As a subject matter expert in strategic enrolment management, the Registrar provides guidance to senior management, colleagues, and community partners to ensure a seamless and integrated service experience that is efficient and effective in a manner that is highly student-centered and reflective of the College’s mission and values. The Registrar ensures the accuracy, integrity, and security of registration records, student academic records, policies, procedures, and systems, and is committed to providing quality service through continuous improvement initiatives.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications and experience:
- Master’s degree or equivalent, preferably in management, enrolment management, or post-secondary administration;
- Eight to ten years’ experience in the post-secondary sector, including significant management experience in a Registrar’s Office at a post-secondary institution.
- Ability to provide strategic leadership and vision in a complex, multi-site, unionized organization;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with the ability to establish and sustain relationships and rapport with internal and external stakeholders;
- Ability to exercise judgement, diplomacy, tact, and discretion with changing and conflicting priorities;
- Experience with managing complex projects from launch to successful completion and evaluation;
- Ability to define/implement operational change, and effectively manage impacts in a complex environment;
- Ability to analyze all types of quantitative and qualitative data into informational reports and presentations that can be used for strategic planning and problem-solving;
- Ability to implement directives, provide operational oversight, and manage staff;
- Ability to initiate, anticipate, shape, and adapt to emerging opportunities;
- Demonstrated effective and positive management style in a student-centered environment.
The complete opportunity profile can be viewed: Here
Contact: Robin Noftall or Greg Longster
Leaders International Executive Search
#880 – 609 Granville Street
Vancouver, BC V7Y 1G5
Phone: (604) 688-8422
530 total views, 1 today