Clerical / Administrative Research Assistant, Research Department, HSCS
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Research Department, HSCS
Full-Time, Term Position Available (July 30, 2018 up to July 31, 2020)
Red River College is a leader in applied learning and innovation. Our talented team of employees is passionate about education, innovation and student success. We offer competitive salaries, extensive benefits, and the opportunity for personal and professional growth in a rewarding career.
Reporting to the Research Chair, School of Health Sciences and Community Services, the incumbent is responsible to assist in implementing a two-year qualitative research project awarded through the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada (SSHRC), involving several community partners. The purpose of the project is to determine the effectiveness of using a common educational base on early child development as the basis for uniting a multi-sectoral team in developing and implementing a coordinated plan to support and improve early child development outcomes in their community. This will include: participating in the development of the research project plan; tracking milestones; coordinating activities across the partnership; assist in hiring students and monitoring their progress; assist in the collection and analysis of qualitative data; support the work of the project committees; coordinate and support training and planning sessions; assist in preparation of reports and articles.
– Degree in Human Ecology, Family Studies, Sociology, Developmental Studies, Social Work; an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience may be considered
– Experience in project management
– Experience working with community partners
– Experience in preparing and making presentations to diverse audiences
– Excellent organizational skills
– Excellent written communication skills
– Excellent communication skills
– Ability to achieve results through collaboration
– Ability to work independently
– Knowledge of, and sensitivity to, issues of social equity
– Values Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
– Commitment to lifelong learning
– Knowledge of early child development
– Experience in qualitative research, including use of research tools and software
– Supervisory experience
CONDTIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
– Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada
– This position may be required to work evenings and/or weekends
– Incumbent must provide a current and satisfactory Child Abuse Registry Check
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants are to clearly demonstrate how they satisfy the selection criteria in their written submissions and must identify the competition number they are applying for in the subject line of the email
Apply to Red River College by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
An eligibility list may be created for similar casual, part-time, full-time, and term positions
We seek diversity in our workplace. Aboriginal persons, women, visible minorities and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Competition #: 2018-128
Closing Date: August 14, 2018
Salary: $42,668 – $58,366 per annum
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Red River College provides accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If an applicant requires accommodation during the application or selection process, Human Resource Services will work with the applicant to meet the accommodation needs.
For more information and other employment opportunities, visit blogs.rrc.ca/hr
2055 Notre Dame Ave, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada R3J0M5
410 total views, 1 today