Clerical / Administrative Senior Program Officer, STEM – Mozambique
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
COLLEGES AND INSTITUTES CANADA
Title: Senior Program Officer, STEM – Mozambique
Classification: Program Staff III
Supervisor: Director, International Partnerships, Francophone/Lusophone Africa and Latin America
Division: International Partnerships
Salary: $73,040 – $89,400
Reporting to the Director, International Partnerships, the Senior Program Officer is primarily responsible for supporting the development, planning, implementation and management of complex activities, primarily related to the STEM project, including work plans, budgets, research, reports/briefs writing, preparation and delivery of presentations and the coordination of day-to-day work assigned to various staff members within the divisional team and STEM.
The incumbent will play a leadership role, consulting and problem-solving role with member institutions, partners, senior officials, funding agencies and staff. This position will focus primarily on activities in Mozambique.
The Skills Training for Employment in Mozambique (STEM) project, funded by Global Affairs Canada (GAC), facilitates the participation of Canadian colleges in supporting and building capacity for employment and entrepreneurship by re-engineering multi-level TVET, synergy networks and local ownership.
The work of the Senior Program Officer is reviewed by the Director, International Partnerships based on objectives and work plans set annually.
- play a leadership, consulting and problem-solving role with members, partners, stakeholders and Colleges and Institutes Canada staff;
- interact effectively with Association staff, senior and administrative staff from member institutions, partners and external agencies;
- ability to function with a significant level of flexibility and autonomy, performing various and complex tasks under pressure with attention to detail;
- ability to work within a team environment and recommend results-based solutions;
- sound judgment and tact;
- take initiative in solving problems within the framework of the assigned project;
- make efficient and effective decisions for the sustainable development of stakeholder’s commitments;
- provide support and training to the Senior Technical Advisors (STA), the team members and member institutions;
- prioritize and organize work effectively and efficiently;
- treat everyone fairly and equitably and maintain high ethical standards;
- perform duties in accordance with CICan’s competencies, values and code of ethics;
- be able to travel, domestically and internationally.
Specific Expectations: The Senior Program Officer will:
- participate in developing, planning, implementing and managing activities supporting the STEM project;
- review and administer projects and/or partnerships implemented by member institutions and coordinate the work flow associated with EFE Mozambique, in particular provide guidance, planning and operational support to member institutions, the funder, associated staff and consultants;
- participate in the development and drafting of a Program Implementation Plan (PIP), core program documents (Logic Models, Performance Measurement Framework and Risk Registry), annual work plans, budgets, analytical reports, handbooks, training manuals, workshop materials and other documents with Senior Technical Advisors (STAs) and Technical Coordinator Specialist;
- develop and implement various tools to be accessed by member institutions;
- prepare annual budgets and monitor budget utilization and financial activity reports;
- provide support and training to the Senior Technical Advisors (STA), Technical Coordinator Specialist, the team members and member institutions;
- coordinate Canadian and overseas missions and recruitment of consultants including the development of an evaluation, selection and orientation process;
- draft contracts, manage deliverables and outputs, monitor contract compliance and facilitate timely payment of invoices;
- prepare call for proposals for our membership with terms of reference provided by partners in collaboration with STA;
- develop and update STEM operations manuals and work templates;
- conduct research, including obtaining information, searching records, briefs and presentations;
- draft and/or support the preparation of communications products, submissions, briefs and position papers to/for the federal government and other documents for public consumption;
- participate in the development and implementation of policies, procedures and strategies;
- write narrative and financial reports, proposals and concept papers;
- maintain contact with funders, embassies, related government sectors in Canada and overseas partners;
- promote and market the role and expertise of the membership and of the Colleges and Institutes Canada, and the opportunities for member participation in various phases of projects;
- assist in the development of strategies for new projects;
- perform other related duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- graduate from a post-secondary institution or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
- demonstrated understanding of the college system in Canada;
- demonstrated leadership, decision-making and problem-solving capabilities;
- high degree of organizational, interpersonal and communication skills;
- demonstrated experience in the preparation of implementation plans, work plans, narrative and financial reports, budget projections and manual of operations;
- demonstrated competence in the planning, implementation and administration of programs and projects funded by GAC and other donors;
- demonstrated abilities in budget development and management, in preparing financial reports for projects and in reconciliations etc.;
- demonstrated expertise and capacity in research and evaluation techniques;
- demonstrated experience in the preparation and management of consultant contracts and deliverables;
- demonstrated experience in organizing missions and events;
- demonstrated experience in providing support to field office operations;
- demonstrated experience in the area of capacity building and training;
- demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with a variety of stakeholders and at various levels of organizational hierarchy;
- experience in strategic planning, preferably as it relates to project/program management;
- demonstrated research, analytical and writing abilities in the preparation of reports, concept papers and/or proposals for GAC and other donors;
- demonstrated knowledge and understanding of partner and country-led collaborative approaches that address community needs;
- fluency in written and verbal French and English;
- extensive experience in results-based program management (RBM);
- ability to use Internet search engines;
- demonstrated abilities using Microsoft Office Suite (intermediate Excel) and communication technologies, etc.
- international work experience;
- Good knowledge in written and verbal Portuguese
- work experience at a Canadian post-secondary institution;
- demonstrated knowledge and experience with the Federal government, in particular GAC;
- work experience in Africa;
- knowledge of the development strategies and the economic and political realities of the developing world;
- experience in the management and evaluation of academic programs.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and résumé to Roxanne Cantin, Senior Personnel Officer before 4pm on July 27th, 2018 via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reasonable Accommodation We will make every reasonable effort to accommodate prospective candidates under any of the protected grounds of discrimination. Should you need an accommodation, please make the request as soon as possible. If the accommodation is related to a medical or health condition, you may be required to provide confirmation from a medical profession that you require the accommodation. All requests for accommodation will be considered in a fair and objective manner that will ensure applicants are treated with respect and dignity.
CICan is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce. Do not hesitate to contact me if you require alternative arrangements to submit your application. We thank all applicants in advance however only those selected for an interview will be acknowledged.
1100 total views, 1 today