Faculty Sessional Instructors, Liberal Studies
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Competition: #18-09 (Okanagan College – Penticton)
APPLICATIONS ARE INVITED FOR THE FOLLOWING: PART-TIME SESSIONAL FACULTY
|Position:||Part-time Sessional Faculty – Liberal Studies|
|Division:||Centre for Graduate Studies & Academic Planning|
|School:||Office of Applied Research & Graduate Studies|
|Reporting To:||Tracie Gavriel, Program Manager, Centre for Graduate Studies & Academic Planning|
Office of Applied Research & Graduate Studies:
The Office of Applied Research & Graduate Studies (OARGS) provides pan-institutional support in delivery of Liberal Studies, research and innovation support and infrastructure (Centre for Applied Research), and e-learning leadership and support (Centre for Teaching, Learning and Innovation). The Office enhances JIBC support and leadership in the areas of applied research, innovation, technology-enabled learning and teaching, faculty development, graduate and liberal studies.
Centre for Graduate Studies & Academic Planning:
The JIBC Centre for Graduate Studies and Academic Planning works collaboratively within JIBC and with external communities to create, deliver and maintain standards for undergraduate and graduate programs, Liberal studies courses, graduate programs, and other stand-alone academic courses.
Central to the success of the JIBC’s vision of being a world leader in justice and public safety education are our instructional faculty. Experiential and applied learning can only occur if our faculty possess the practical and expert knowledge of field practitioners. In addition, they must also have and exhibit a firm understanding of teaching, learning, and adult education. JIBC faculty are the critical human component in ensuring JIBC students experience a rich and meaningful education.
In support of the Bachelor of Law Enforcement Studies (BLES) program delivery at Okanagan College – Penticton Campus, the Centre for Graduate Studies and Academic Planning invites expression of interest for part-time sessional faculty positions to teach face-to-face Liberal Studies http://www.jibc.ca/programs-courses/liberal-studies courses in either this or next academic year at Okanagan College – Penticton Campus:
- BUSN-3100 Organizational Behaviour
- BUSN-3110 Project Management
- BUSN-3115 Data and Research Management
- BUSN-4100 Labour Law in Canada
- SOCI-4110 Multiculturalism, Conflict, and Social Justice
- SOCI-4400 Terrorism and Society
- SOCI-4200 Organized Crime and Society
These 3-credit, 14 week full semester courses are currently offered at least once per year.
Classroom teaching and student support functions:
- Create teaching and learning strategies that will align assessment and evaluation methods with course objectives;
- Encouraging discussion and helping students make connections between theory and practice;
- Answering questions related to course content and assignments;
- Monitoring student progress and addressing performance and participation problems;
- Marking all course assessments;
- Collaborate on a regular basis with program faculty, managers and staff to support students’ progress in the course or program.
Other Competencies Required:
- Effective communication skills (written and oral);
- The ability to maintain effective working relationships with the students, Program Managers, Sessional Instructors, and program support staff;
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills with a proven ability to work under pressure while satisfying students’ requests and applying relevant program and institutional policies, procedures and guidelines;
- Demonstrated proficiency at the intermediate level in Blackboard 9, Microsoft Office applications, and web browser applications.
- Master’s degree in a related discipline and a minimum of two years of documented teaching experience is required. Examples of and/or references relating to teaching experience must be provided. Experience working in public safety field is preferred.
|Salary Range:||Sessional Faculty rate – A compensation banding model is in effect for all faculty teaching based on the # of students per class.
3-credit courses in diploma and degree programs for JIBC.Compensation is a flat rate for a 42 hour, 3-credit course, regardless of how that course is delivered (online, face-to-face, over a semester, or condensed). Total compensation (including vacation) is divided over the term.
|February 27, 2018|
|Closing Date:||March 30, 2018||Star|
September 2018 (date to be confirmed)
|Please submit a resume, covering letter, copies of academic and professional credentials, and names and contact information for three professional references quoting Competition #18-09 to:
| Human Resources
|For more information about this position, please feel free to contact:
Program Manager, Centre for Graduate Studies & Academic Planning
email@example.com | 604.528.5843
Justice Institute of British Columbia is an equal opportunity employer and is interested in broadening the diversity of its staff. We encourage applications from visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities.
507 total views, 1 today