Clerical / Administrative Student Recruitment Coordinator
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Reporting to the Director, Student Recruitment and International Business Development, the Student Recruitment Coordinator is responsible for executing student marketing and recruitment plans for the Institute’s post-secondary technical and language programs. Working with key partners at home and abroad to support MITT strategic enrolment plans and position the Institute as a destination of choice for outstanding students from a diversity of countries and school systems.
Develop opportunities to facilitate direct student recruitment, as well as work with an effective and sustainable network of international recruitment agencies, in order attract a diversity of well-qualified students from around the world.
Build partnerships, create awareness and coordinate student recruitment activities and initiatives, in association with partner school divisions, high schools across the province, post-secondary adults, and Indigenous communities.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Maintains extensive knowledge about MITT programs, admission requirements and all information required to accurately and effectively market the Institute to prospective students
- Attends student recruitment fairs and conducts on-site admissions when approved.
- Develops and delivers effective presentations to groups, large and small, and advises students, their families, counsellors and institutional representatives on Institute opportunities and requirements.
- Conducts appropriate follow-up with counsellors and prospective students after these visits.
- Facilitates and attends education functions/seminars, career symposia, industry events, community events/charities
- Conducts market research on student interests and regional recruitment conditions.
- Evaluates the outcomes of various recruiting activities, preparing data and reports.
- Reaches specified student recruitment targets based on MITT’s strategic plan
- Develops new local and international partner training materials and resources in consultation with Director
- Advises educational recruitment agencies with MITT knowledge necessary to sell our programs and services
- Collaborates with student services departments to support student pre-arrival, orientation and retention activities
- Liaises with External Relations on a regular basis to ensure events and information are updated.
- Creates dynamic MITT social media posts for the purpose of prospective student engagement.
- Ensures promotional materials are up-to-date and available
Qualifications and Experience
- Post-secondary education and direct work experience in the area of marketing, sales or education preferred.
- Experience with adult learners in a post-secondary environment considered an asset.
- Fluency in a language other than English considered an asset.
- Well-developed knowledge of student recruitment concepts.
- Excellent public-speaking, presentation, written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrates sensitivity to the needs and issues of immigrants, newcomers and international students.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Must have the ability and desire to establish positive relationships with students from diverse backgrounds and be able to work effectively and in harmony with a variety of full-time and student employees, faculty, staff, students and administrators.
- Must be able to relate positively and professionally with prospective students, administration and faculty and be able to deal constructively with a variety of people both on and off campus.
- Must be skilled in using multimedia applications to support visits, seminars and career fairs.
- Experience working with a Content Management System would be an asset.
- Experience planning and executing events would be an asset.
- Must hold a valid passport.
- Extensive travel within Manitoba or internationally may be required.
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license.
- Some evening and weekend work required.
311 total views, 2 today