Clerical / Administrative Technical Officer
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Full-Time Position Available
Red River College is a leader in applied learning and innovation. Our talented team of employees is passionate about education, innovation and student success. We offer competitive salaries, extensive benefits, and the opportunity for personal and professional growth in a rewarding career.
“Reporting to Facility Management, the Electrical Technical Officer is responsible for electrical design, power distribution, installation of pathways, fiber and copper based distribution systems, wireless based systems and infrastructure that supports the transportation of digital information.
The incumbent will be responsible for project delivery including concept, design and development, construction documents, tendering phase and award, and installation and commissioning phases. Duties will also include troubleshooting and installing: backup generators, UPS for DCR rooms, fibre option cabling, security cameras, card access and wiring closets.
The Technical Officer is responsible for accessing and viewing CAD drawings, RFPs, RFQs, various maintenance contracts, Efficiency Manitoba initiatives and employing environmentally sustainable practices. The incumbent will be responsible for code compliance and prioritizing work in a safe and efficient manner.”
– Knowledge of Federal, Provincial and Municipal codes, regulations and by laws
– Must possess superior communication and customer service skills and ability effectively prioritize work in a fast paced environment
– Experience in the development of specifications, scope of work, completion of RFP documents, and project planning
– Demonstrated technical writing experience
– Ability to work in a team environment
– Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office
– Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills
– Values Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
– Commitment to lifelong learning
– Belden Certification, BICSI RCDD
– Experience in a Facility Management environment
– LEED Certification
CONDTIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
– Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada
– This position may be required to work evenings and/or weekends
– This position may be required to travel
– This position is subject to audiometric assessments
– This position may be required to work overtime
– Incumbent must provide a current and satisfactory Criminal Records Check
– Valid class 5 Driver’s license
Applicants are to clearly demonstrate how they satisfy the selection criteria in their written submissions and must identify the competition number they are applying for in the subject line of the email
Apply to Red River College by email: email@example.com
This competition may be used to establish a 6 month eligibility list of qualified candidates for future vacancies.
We seek diversity in our workplace. Aboriginal persons, women, visible minorities and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Competition #: 2018-186
Closing Date: November 29, 2018
Salary: $68,692 – $94,017 per annum
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Red River College provides accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If an applicant requires accommodation during the application or selection process, Human Resource Services will work with the applicant to meet the accommodation needs.
For more information and other employment opportunities, visit blogs.rrc.ca/hr
2055 Notre Dame Ave, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada R3H0J9
297 total views, 1 today