Executive Management Vice President, Academic
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
About Our Client:
Lambton College recently celebrated 50 years as a leader in post-secondary education.
For the past five decades, they have worked in partnership with the Sarnia-Lambton community to create a region of innovators, strengthening the local economy, and working to meet industry demand for skilled employees. Lambton College has grown to become the #1 Applied Research College in Canada and is proud to have a World Champion Enactus Team. The College recently undertook the most significant infrastructure build in its 50-year history, with the renovation of the Centre of Excellence in Energy & Bio-Industrial Technologies and brand-new NOVA Chemicals Health & Research Centre, and Athletics & Fitness Complex. The improved infrastructure will further position Lambton College as a provincial leader in educational programming while enriching the student experience on-campus.
The Vice-President Academic is the senior academic officer of the College and is accountable for the planning, organizing, staffing and managing the majority of the College’s academic operations. The position is accountable for the new development, content, currency, delivery and standards of all the College’s post-secondary and non-post-secondary full-time and part-time academic programs and services and will co-lead the recruitment and retention of all students. The position is responsible for all International Education and contracts. The Vice-President Academic is a senior administrator who participates in the overall management of the College as a member of the President’s senior leadership team.
Academic Leadership and Direction for Academic Programs
- Develops and directs the implementation of the strategic plan and academic plan, goals and objectives for the College’s post-secondary and non-post-secondary full-time and part-time academic programs and services through collaboration, assistance and support of the College’s academic staff.
- Ensures the currency and quality of the College’s academic programs by developing, implementing and monitoring sound academic standards, policies and procedures.
- Provides leadership to the academic development and a strategic mix of academic programming offered through the College through planning, developing and implementation of new academic programs by ensuring that the College engages in an effective program review process.
- Promotes and creates appropriate community ventures by forming networks and linkages through the development of learning partnerships with business and community by way of projects, articulation agreements and program/service advisory committees.
- Co-leads the Strategic Enrollment Management Committee and is responsible for ensuring the academic team is focused on recruitment and retention.
- Provides leadership for the most appropriate digital learning information.
- Delivers a clear vision and direction towards innovative and flexible learning options.
- Provides vision and direction regarding the Center of Excellence in Energy & Bio-Industrial Technologies and Centre for Automation and Information Technology and innovative and flexible learning options.
Corporate Leadership and Planning:
- Leads the development of the College’s Academic Plan.
- Participates in the development, implementation and monitoring of the College’s Strategic Plan and goals.
- Makes decisions as a member of the president’s leadership team regarding the management of resources and participates in a wide range of operational decision making affecting the current and future effectiveness and fiscal viability of the College.
- Ensures that the senior management team is informed about academic issues that may affect both academic and non-academic operations in the College.
- Ensures that the assignments of academic faculty and staff are carried out consistent with College policies and procedures.
- Maintains a high level of staff performance through effective recruiting, selecting, training, developing, motivating and evaluating.
- Disciplines and terminates staff as warranted. Handles serious complaints from students and staff that others in the academic divisions reporting to the position were unable to resolve.
- Accountable for the development and monitoring of the operating and capital budget guidelines for all the academic divisions of the College.
- Ensures the efficient and effective use of fiscal and physical resources within the academic area through the coordination and consolidation of academic budget requests.
- Promotes capital fund raising and entrepreneurial endeavours related to the academic areas in the College
Required Skills and Knowledge:
- Clear understanding and demonstrated ability to deliver and execute strategy within an innovative and entrepreneurial academic environment.
- Administrative planning and management skills related not only to ongoing operations, but also to team-building and change management.
- Education and communication skills including teaching, presentation, adult education, ability to communicate with a broad range of constituent groups.
- Adequate knowledge and skills to use personal computer and on-line systems for information gathering and processing; and adequate knowledge of information technology to understand and set direction for academic use of computing in support of College objectives.
- Well-developed human relations, problem-solving and negotiation skills.
- Excellent analytic skills related to policy, budget and operations issues.
Education and Experience:
- Master’s degree in Education/Educational Administration or equivalent
- 12+ years progressive experience in a related role
- Teaching experience would be an asset
To apply, please send a resume to Lisa Armstrong at Lisa.Armstrong@summitsearchgroup.com
All applications must be received by the deadline of Thursday, February 28th, 2019.
Summit Search Group is a fair and equitable search firm. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process
305 total views, 2 today