Executive Management Vice President, Employee and Corporate Services
The Organization: Okanagan College
With a history that dates to 1963, Okanagan College has over a half-century history of providing post-secondary education and training to the Okanagan, Shuswap, and Similkameen regions. The College has a strong reputation for excellence in learning and teaching, and offers a wide variety of career, continuing education, developmental, trades, and vocational programs. The students, alumni, and employees of the College have helped support the development and growth of the Okanagan region, which has distinguished itself in recent years as one of the fastest growing and most dynamic areas in Canada.
Okanagan College is currently the second largest trades training institution in B.C., with a well-established reputation for service and teaching excellence among students, alumni, and employers. It serves over 20,000 students annually and offers more than 120 programs, spanning a broad array of areas and occupations. Reflected by its distinctive and easily identifiable red logo, the College’s brand has taken firm hold in the business and social fabric of the region due to the College’s focus on partnership and outreach, as well as meeting community, student, and employer needs, and is quickly gaining a reputation as an employer of choice within the region and in B.C.
To learn more, please visit Okanagan College’s website.
The Opportunity: Vice President, Employee and Corporate Services
The VP, Employee and Corporate Services is the Chief Financial Officer and financial strategist, with overall responsibility for the management of financial, employee, and administrative services in accordance with the College’s mission, values, goals, and policies. As a member of the Executive Committee, the Vice President plays a key role in strategic and long-range planning, as well as in the overall management of the institution.
This position is responsible for providing institutional leadership for a portfolio that includes budget as well as financial services, human resources, campus development and facilities management, risk management, technology, and business and ancillary services. The Vice President advises the President and Board on major strategic financial decision-making as well as the current and projected financial status of the College, recommending innovative solutions to short and long-term issues, including any matters pertaining to the College’s financial security.
The Vice President will make top-level financial decisions and determine appropriate courses of action for the College, and will consult with the President and Board on decisions requiring major commitment or decisions impacting the long-term financial well-being of Okanagan College.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications and experience:
- A graduate degree in a related field of study or a recognized professional accounting designation (preference is for both);
- Ten years of senior-level administrative experience, including responsibility for, and/or knowledge of, information technology, facilities, and financial and human resources leadership in a complex, unionized environment;
- Outstanding skill at a senior level in both accounting and financial reporting;
- Thorough understanding of accounting and finance, including comprehensive knowledge of budgetary processes;
- Understanding of the financial challenges and opportunities facing public post-secondary education and the ability to maximize resources in such a context;
- Experience leveraging technology and facilities to help advance strategic plans and operations; and
- Ability to work collegially and consultatively with students, employees, unions/associations, the Board of Governors, government administrators, and industry and community contacts and partners.
The complete opportunity profile can be viewed at: https://daviespark.com/oc-vpecs/
Contact: Robin Noftall or Greg Longster
Davies Park Executive Search
#880 – 609 Granville Street
Vancouver, BC V7Y 1G5
Phone: (604) 688-8422
256 total views, 10 today